1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sorry.. backup question

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by kbeefy, Apr 18, 2007.

1. kbeefy

kbeefy Member

ok, here I am throwing out some serious newb trash.

So, I recenty got a 360,and am thinking it'd be nice to backup some games. I've been searching all over and have found a dozen different soulutions, who knows how current any of them are. Can anyone tell me or point me into the direction of a current hacked firmware or camparison of them? Or, can anyone tell me what, if any, DVD drives read and write xbox360 games? If I'm gonna buy a drive (no DL here) I'd like it to do it all. I haven't bought a drive since my dv107 so I don't mind dropping a bit of coin on the drive, I'll use it.

thanks and cheers!

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

no drive does both

depend on your xbox you can use either garyopa 2.3 or xtreme 5.2 which are for hitachi and samsung respectively

the drive that reads 360 games is the samsung dh-162c and the dh-163a or something like that

and you can use any dual layer burner to burn so you can go with a moderately cheap one if you can find one.

3. kbeefy

kbeefy Member

so... I can buy a DL burner and open my xbox to backup games or buy one of those dvd drives and a dl drive to avoid opening the xbox? Is it possible to install a sata plug or something on the case to use the internal drive and avoid having to purchasing an additional drive or disassemble everytime you want to backup? Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2007
  4. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

yeah you can run cables out and conect them when you want to play and plug your cable to your computer when you want to do backups. a lot of people do that, but its going to be tacky and i dont know how well the hard drive would work.

5. kbeefy

kbeefy Member

OK, right on. Seems like there would be a clean way to acomplish that, I'll look into.

If I did that (the tacky way) would I be able to get away with purchasing only 1 dvd drive(the DL version) and use the xbox drive as the reader?

6. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

7. kbeefy

kbeefy Member

ok, thanks for your advice.

8. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

9. jelle2503

jelle2503 Regular member

no.. it isn't anymore

edited by ddp
    is a new and revised tutorial with NEW tools and LATEST tools which is less riskier and less timeconsuming.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2007
  10. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Textbook's guide... that's what I posted a link to. Then you posted a link to the same guide and said your's is better...

whatever works for ya.

11. kbeefy

kbeefy Member

right on, I think I've got a handle on it.
    My 360 is hitachi equipped, haven't opened it up yet to check version thoug.
    As I understand I'm gonna need a DVD player to read and a DL burner to write. Any super-duper dl burners I should check out or will a pioneer 111d or 112d work? Both my other dvd burners are Pioneer and I've had good luck with them so far.