1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SORRY! I need help PSP

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by netdawg, Feb 18, 2007.

1. netdawg

netdawg Member

I just got my psp and I just updated it tooo.I am trying to find out how do i put the CSO file in my psp someone pleaseeeee help.

2. elperuano

elperuano Member

when the memory stick is formated an ISO folder should be created on the root of the memory, if not, just create the ISO folder and move your ISO's and CSO's in that folder

3. bigcuz000

bigcuz000 Regular member

The ISO's and CSO's only work if you have Custom Firmware. If you upgraded to sony to the latest one your screwed.

4. netdawg

netdawg Member

is it possible to downgrade your psp?

5. elperuano

elperuano Member

last time I checked 3.03 was the highest possible to downgrade...

6. netdawg

netdawg Member

everyone is talking about format your meomory stick how do i do that

7. elperuano

elperuano Member

go to system settings>>FORMAT MEMORY STICK...(btw..the memory stick MUST be inserted on the PSP, otherwise it wont work )

8. dildeep5

dildeep5 Member

if you have 3.10 it is possible to get the custom firmware 3.10 to use downloaded games.

This update is only to be installed from 3.10 OE-A. Installing on other firmwares could potentially cause damage to your PSP.

Download and decompress 3.10 OE-A2

Copy the 310_a2update folder to /PSP/GAME150/

On your PSP, run the 3.10 OE-A' Update program. This program will take about 5 seconds. Once done, it will restart your PSP automatically to 3.10 OE-A2

How to run homebrew and games on 3.10 OE

I created this section of the guide to help new users learn how to run any of their games or homebrew on 3.10 OE. This is NOT meant to encourage piracy; I neither support nor condone piracy. It is against the rules of this board, the law, and the wishes of the homebrew community for you to run illegal copies of games. Requests for information on the subject will be deleted, repeated offenses will likely result in a ban from this forum. You have been warned.

To run homebrew, place the homebrew in the PSP/GAME150 folder on your PSP. If the homebrew you're installing came with a second folder with a percent sign in it's name, you also need to place that folder in PSP/GAME150

To run PSP games you have backed up to your memory stick, place the games in the ISO folder on your PSP

To run official PS1 games using Sony's PS1 engine, place the games in the PSP/GAME folder on your PSP

How to download homebrew for 3.10 OE using the Installotron program

Installotron is by far the easiest, safest, most direct way to download homebrew on to your PSP. It allows you to download and install homebrew directly to your PSP from an online database; no computer required. The version included in this thread features custom graphics, and settings pre-configured to work with 3.10 OE.

Download and decompress Installotron (Jak_Master version)

Copy the Installotron folder to PSP/GAME

Restart your PSP in recovery mode, then go to "Configuration". Change the "Game folder homebrew" to use the 1.50 kernel, then exit the recovery menu.

Launch the install-o-tron. If it has difficulty reading your network configuration, create a new one.

Download as much homebrew as you want from the database. Your homebrew will be installed in PSP/GAME

9. dildeep5

dildeep5 Member

10. elperuano

elperuano Member

@dildeep ,..in order for him to get any custom firmware he MUST BE now in 1.5 2.71 or any other custom firmware like 2.71 se-c or 3.03 oa - a, b , c ....I dont think he does not even know what a custom firmware is , and its possible he is only on SONY official 3.10 firmware , from there its nothing he can do...

11. ThisDude

ThisDude Regular member

Another one who updated..... So many these days.

12. dildeep5

dildeep5 Member

oh dam i have 3.10 as well

13. netdawg

netdawg Member

i think i have 1.5 and its asking me to upgrade to 2.71 should i do that?