1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sorry to bother u but im having real trouble with loading metroid prime (pal)

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by Ghost_Dog, Aug 31, 2004.

1. Ghost_Dog

Ghost_Dog Member

i made this image of metroid prime myself, with gamecube iso ripping server, but i cant seem to load it. i have got pheonix versions 1.37, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3. i have tried all the gc loaders in all of these versions but i couldnt get it to work. although psoloadv2 initialy works it always hangs at a black screen after the starcube/paradox press start screen. This i think is strange because i have got all my other images to work. So i used gc-tools to look inside the game only to find that the intire banner details section was only a few symbols that i have never heard of before, also the icon was all fuzzy. So i then remade the iso but same thing again. i have a pal gamecube and i would appreciate any help u could give.

2. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I could get to the menu where you load your game and then it just freezes.I used the Phoenix V2.3 to build my game with.I was wondering what you would need also to get Metroid Prime to work I have the NTSC version though.I am not sure if they are real different or not.

3. Ghost_Dog

Ghost_Dog Member

Well from what i have read the ntsc version seems to work better but as for exact loaders and all that i m not sure, cause i havent got the ntsc version to back up and try. There is a compatability list and the loaders used at gc-compat.com.

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I got it to work using the Reliable Disc Streamer program.The program fixed the menu problem where it normally crashed.What I did was build the .gcm file again with the program I mentioned above.After you are done building your image with this program you should open up Phoenix Loader V2.3 and open up the image file Metroid Prime.The good thing about this streamer is it tells you exactly what you need to do to get the game to play.The info for the game should be this:

Database Information:
    Suggested Loader:ACL 1.2
    Can Save:No,I tried to plug my memory card in at the beginning where it says start,but no luck so far on finding a save point.
    Use Save Hack:Unknown,I am gonna say probably not right here,I think the save hack uses the button Z which is a map button.I am not sure if this would be possible,because of the function of the button Z.
    Memory Card:Special Instructions
    Disable Music:Unknown
    Comments:Must remove memory card to get to the title screen.

The comments part means you should pull your memory card or cards out when you reach the Paradox screen that says PRESS START.

I played the game and the ingame play has slow loading sometimes.It will start to try to freeze at some parts and then continue to act normal.The good thing is that the game is still playable though.I think what is really messing with the game is probably the music in the game.The music seems to be streamed in the game.

Peace L-Burna

5. Ghost_Dog

Ghost_Dog Member

Wowuve realy looked in to this, cool. I no u cant post links here, but can u give me ruff idea of were to find this program u used.

6. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

You can find the program off of http://www.maxconsole.com .I would say get it there since you don't have to log in like other sites make you do.

7. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

It is located in the section GameCube Downloads in the Section Utilities page 4 very top of the page.If you don't find it on page 4 then just look around there it should be there.

Peace L-Burna

8. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

9. Ghost_Dog

Ghost_Dog Member

Cheers man much appreciated