1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOS - PLEASE HELP on PS2 BACKUPS !!!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by fawqati, Sep 24, 2004.

1. fawqati

fawqati Member

Hi all,

I have a brand new playstation2 silver edition with a "Matrix Infinity" modchip professionally installed. Im trying to backup my PS2 games with a state of the art Dual layer 12x all formats FREECOM DVD writer i have. I downloaded the latest DVD_DECRYPTER software and have successfully backed up DVD movies such as Gladiator and SCARFACE, I used Philips GRADE A DVD+-RW (very expensive ones) DVDS and can view them perfectly on my DVDsystem and my PC. Must admit i have not tried them on my PS2 yet.

My main problem is backing up my PS2 games. I am certain the modchip i have is working since i bought NCAA MM 2004 an american game this summer and it works fine. when i tried to back this game using DVD_DECRYTOR everything was perfect. It ISO-Read and then ISO-Wrote the BACKUP successfully. NO-Warnings and NO Errors. I then tried to play the game on my PS2 and get Please insert a PS2 FORMAT DVD/CD.

The only thing i can think of is on the NCAA game it has the DVD_ROM logo. And i am writing on DVD rewritable disks. Cant playstation2 consoles read in DVD+-RW ???
    If so what format do you think would cover most games
    that i can backup ????

I would be most grateful for any response at your earliest convenience.

Regards.

FMA

2. dud0r

dud0r Member

try dvd-r or +r most consoles can't read rw some can.