1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOS with Smartripper v2.40

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by JmmrRules, Jun 19, 2003.

1. JmmrRules

JmmrRules Member

Yo ppl,

I have been trying so desperately to rip a god damn DVD using SmartRipper v2.40. Okay, when i start rippin' and the stupid thing would go forever like all night and all day.at f***ing 0.1 x speed man( Can anyone believe this ****)!!!! I even tried copying the WNASPI32.DLL file into the same directory and change the Settings for Priimary and Secondary IDE Channels to DMA mode( it says Ultra DMA Mode5 is the current mode for Device 0 in both the Channels, but for Device 2 in both the chanels it says not applicable...maybe cuz I have only one DVD +RW burner drive on me).....I tried all fu**ing humanly possible ways to get this **** moving but in vain....Some please help me improve the speed ....
    Thanks a zillion...
    JamMer

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Firstly, does it eventually rip the DVD successfully? Im having great success ripping and compressing with DVD Shrink. It is taking me about 30mins to do both and that is at level 3, 4 and 5 compression!

3. JmmrRules

JmmrRules Member

Dear Oriphus,

Firstly,thnks for tat quick reply~ Well, it would like rip the video_ts1 (methinks the first 15min movie not the trailer)with greatest difficulty and when it starts doing the second one..it kinda hangs up. I have not tried the DVD Shrink yet but i will b by da end of this msg.Keep me posted if you have anymore suggestions.
    Thnks again

4. IMRANmel

IMRANmel Regular member

well i knhow this is probably one of the first things u tried but since u havent stated it im jus saying it so u giv it a try in case u havent

theres a smartripper V2.41 which could rip the DVD faster
    also try alternative rippers like orphious stated like shrink
    or dvd Decrypter
    or dvd clone
    cos these programs may react slightly different to the way in which the smart V2.40 is

boy didnt i take the piss lol

Last edited: Jun 19, 2003
  5. IMRANmel

IMRANmel Regular member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2003
  6. JmmrRules

JmmrRules Member

UkMewz,

good try dude...not a chance.Even the new version of Smartripper ain't working fast ( I dont want it running like 12x or 14x) atleast if it does not fall like 0.2x it would be wonderful...is there anyone who could suggest any tweaks or tips on this