1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

soul calibur 2 and dvd9

Discussion in 'PS2' started by gansta77, Sep 6, 2003.

1. gansta77

gansta77 Member

-i made a back up copy of soul calibur 2 and it wouldn't work on my ps2 using the slide card.i wonder if it would work on a ps2 with another mod chip or by using a different swapping method.

-i also realized that even though i use NTFS on my hard drive the global images of ps2 dvd games 2 or 3 gb big,are getting splitted into different files.I use recordNow dx . could that be why i can't backup soul calibur 2 properly? I want to backup kingdom hearts too, but i read somewhere online that i might run into the same issues with this game? what if I copy directly onto my DVD-rw drive using my dvd-rom drive instead of making an image of the game in my hard disk?

-what's exactly dvd9 format games? can somebody post a list of all the games in this format?

thanx for your time.

2. Azathoth

Azathoth Member

1. Using Swap Magic & slide card? Won't work. You need to use the CD loader or patch the image. Or, it could be a bad burn.

2. Using NTSF versus Fat32 hasn't made a difference for me. Maybe try a different recording software or media.

3. Dual-layered games, use the search function to find more information.

3. gansta77

gansta77 Member

Apreciate your help !
    i think i'm just going to buy a no swap mod-chip.I can't make my mind, don't know if i'll go for a Messiah 2 PRO v1.3,DMS3 or a Magic 3.x.
    Any suggestions?

4. robert34

robert34 Guest

depends what you want.

If you have the money go with DMS3, if you dont really need all the features in dms like mp3 divx plays and upgradeable, then go for messiah2.

If you want to save money get magic v, do not get magic 3.1 as it doesnt work with some games.