1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

soul calibur 2 back up working!! swap magic v2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by leet74, Oct 18, 2003.

1. leet74

leet74 Member

ok i backed up my original copie of soul calibur 2 today, i use alcohol (copy wizard) to back up all my dvd games and burn them at 1x on any dvd-r media.

ive read lots of people having trouble getting soul calibur 2 back up to play using swap magic v2 and cd loader.

heres how i done it

1/ put swap magic "cd" in
    2/ swap the swap magic cd for the "cd loader"
    3/ change ntsc to pal or vice versa (depending on your region)
    4/ press eject and replace the cd loader cd with the "swap magic dvd"
    5/ when swap magic dvd loads press X
    6/ swap the swap magic dvd for the soul calibur 2 back up using your method.....slide card/flip top etc
    7/ press "X" and do not let go!!!.............game should now boot

i have V4 ps2 im using slide card/swap magic v2 and cd loader

btw, my back ups of silent hill 3 and mace griffin bounty hunter dont boot

ive read on these forums that someone has got silent hill 3 to boot with swap magic............how please???

2. calispeed

calispeed Member

same as Soul Calibur2 man, silent hill 3 needs the double boot using the CD loader and it should work..

3. leet74

leet74 Member

ive done the double boot with silent hill 3 but all i get is a black screen and its says "silent hill 3" in white letters in the bottom left hand corner but thats it. it doesnt go any fruther i left it like that for a couple of mins but nothin happened?

4. calispeed

calispeed Member

make another copy, i had one that did that to me, and another copy did the trick. I dont know why the first one didnt work either:/ But if you put it in your computer DVD drive and the computer CANT read it then u know the DVD is messed up. Try again, and it should work.

5. leet74

leet74 Member

thanks dude i'll give it a go.

6. leet74

leet74 Member

making another copie of silent hill did the trick..it now works great

much respect dude!

7. designmo

designmo Member

Did anyone get it to work on a v7 with Slide Card and Swap Magic? (no mod chips)

I tried your instructions. They don't seem to work on a v7. Maybe I burned the game wrong...

8. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

i have got both silent hill 3 and soul calibur 2 backup's to boot on my v7 ps2 using swap magic v2 flip lid and cd loader beta 3 using the methods shown above or if you prefer a pictoral guide go here http://www.tidusx.cjb.net/ and click on cd loader guide.
    cd loader beta 3 is also avalible for download from here or cd loader beta 4 is avalible from here http://www.geocities.com/jayteemaster2003/

9. calispeed

calispeed Member

yea no problem, for some reason Silent Hill doesnt like to be burned on the first try! :/ Im guessing its better to burn at a slower speed...i dont remember how my brother got it to work probably just luck or something, its wierd how the first copy goes to the main loading screen but doesnt move from there! I still have my silent hill coaster, dunno why ive kept it though lol.
    So far all games work for me, just that some need double boots (Soul Calibur2 and Silent Hill3) using the CD loader.

10. designmo

designmo Member

thanks devilhunt. I'll give it a try. At least I know now that it runs on v7.