1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soul Calibur 2 Backup & CD loader

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Strizz, Aug 13, 2004.

1. Strizz

Strizz Member

Burned a back up of soul calibur 2 with alcohol, tried to run it with swap magic and the slide card but to no avail, found out about the cd loader program, followed the steps using the cd swap disc, the cd loader, dvd swap and the sc2 backup, but in the end, the ps2 couldnt find the game on the disc.. the only thing I can think of at this point is maybe a bad burn, unless there is something i might have missed? Any help would be appreciated... have a v4 ps2, etc.

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

what happens when you try to load your backup of soul calibur 2? what type/brand of dvdr disc are you using? have you had any success with other backups on the same media?

3. babar007

babar007 Member

If i could add to this , I have the same problem however i have an orginal japenese import, which loads perfectly Using this method: sm cd then, sm dvd ( for toc), then game.
    However i can do a large number of thinks with the game ( for instance play a penalty shoot out) but when it goes to actual match it freezes at kick off.(Winning Eleven 8)
    Basically it freezes in game.
    I keep thinking it might be a bad import cd, however im trying to get cd loader to work as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

4. Strizz

Strizz Member

When I load the backup of sc2 on the regular dvd swap and slide card, it gets the blue screen indicating a good burn, but when i do the cd loader stuff, after the swap for the dvd disc, then the game itself, it goes to the insert a regular ps2 game screen. Burnt on a memorex dvd +r 4x, and yes, have had previous success stories involving this media, etc

edit: just had the same thing happen with hitman contracts, using the cd loader, can get all the way to the insert dvd via ea method screen, then the insert a playstation or playstation 2 disc comes uo

Last edited: Aug 15, 2004
  5. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

right so the media seem to work fine, so either theres something wrong with your cd loader or with your boot process, is this the boot method you are using
    1.load swap magic cd and swap for cd loader by flip/slide and press x
    2.cd loader boots, press eject and swap for swapmagic dvd disc press eject to send back in
    3.wait for it to say ps2 dvd in lower left of tv screen
    4.press x, wait for swap by ea method prompt
    5.at this prompt swap for backup by flip/slide and press x
    6.your game should now boot

6. Strizz

Strizz Member

Yea, thats the method, but when I get to 6, it loads for a minute like the games are going to start.. then the insert a playstation of playstation 2 screen comes up

7. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

which version of cd loader ase you using is it the v7all version or the orignal cd loader?

8. Strizz

Strizz Member