1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soul Calibur 2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by zetsui, Oct 5, 2003.

1. zetsui

zetsui Regular member

Hey my friend brought his GS, but he wasn't sure what version it was, anyhow marvel v capcom 2 worked ^.^ Is there anyway I can determine in the store of GS is v2 or v3(it doesnt say it on the cover)?
    Also I have a soul calibur bin, that is 3.99gb what kind of media should i back it up onto dvd-r or dvd+r?

THX IN ADVANCE

2. enojy

enojy Member

dvd+r is supposedly a better quality disc, however, i burned my copy of soul calibur 2 onto a fuji dvd-r and it works flawlessly. i'd recommend a dvd+r if you have an older ps2, just in case.

3. adam1122

adam1122 Member

hey i think the dvd+r will work. i want to ask you a ? if you have aim please hit me up my name is pmpnmny. thank you

4. jk323

jk323 Guest

actually u should use dvd-r's on older models of ps2 and use dvd+r's on newer versions because +r's werent introduced yet when the first version of ps 2 came out

5. OptimusC

OptimusC Member

ehm, dunno what versions you exactly mean with "older models" but I have a v4 and always used DVD+R, never had a problem. Not even with SC2 ;)

6. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

versions 1, 2, and 3 cannot play +R

7. adam1122

adam1122 Member

hey optimus what chip do you have? i have the no solder and SMD and i got ncaa 2004 to work but its sorta slow loading. i dont want to break the rules so can you hit me on aim or email me at adamisbomb@hotmail.com i have a ? for you as well

8. zetsui

zetsui Regular member

i think i have v4, thx for the responses how big were your bins?

9. jk323

jk323 Guest

well u got it right there the man says v1,2,3 cannot play +r's i wasnt exactly sure what versions but i knew older versions couldnt so i was write but i didnt state what versions cannot play and what can thx to sly you guys now know