1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound Card???

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by gotisos, May 2, 2004.

1. gotisos

gotisos Guest

Looking to get sound card, less than $60, external or PCI, must have rca line in, if possible DD 5.1 out, any suggestions?

2. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

Why's that?

3. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Most sound cards have a line in. For RCA connections (red and white) go to a dollar store and buy an addaptor. The standard on Cards is 3.5mm, the same as walkman headphones. Just buy the addapter from Radioshack or Dollar store. That will be the cheapest way.

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

(a) a twinRCA-->stereo 3.5mm or (b) two singleRCA-->two mono 3.5mm-->y-split?

There are soundcards with native RCA support (or so i am told) but those would prolly be quite expensive/

5. Xian

Xian Regular member

As others have said, just get an adapter. I don't think you are going to find a sound card with RCA jacks for $60. Usually that is a feature on the higher end cards. Creative Audigy 2.0 Platinum Pro with the external box has them as well as the Terrratec 6Fire but you are looking at $150 or more for the Audigy and up to $250 for the Terratec.

6. gotisos

gotisos Guest

yeah, I already got an adapter like that, but the quality is subpar, it's all scratchy and distorted. I'm trying to get something that has rca built into the card, so I don't have to use a headphones jack, thanks for the advise

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]___________________________
    /___/ / __/ /_/ // /__ /
    / __ `/ /_ __/ 0 // _ // / DAWN??
    / /0/ / __/ / / /__/ //_// /
    /___,_/_/_/_/_/____/_/_/_/_/[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2004
  7. shooter

shooter Member

If your looking to run an outside signal like a tape deck or phono into the sound card, and convert it to digital, I would suggest a Turtle Beach sound card..for around $50. (Still the smaller plugs, but it has more line IN's than just the headphone jack,) and it also has a digital line in, if your receiver is capable of sending the signal that way as well.
    I use this card to bring in those same signals, the quality is NOT GREAT, but it is not bad. I then use software like NERO to clean up the clicks, and what not from the sound recordings, and then burn them onto CDS.
    Just a thought, but it works for me anyway.<smile>
    Good luck,
    Shooter==>>

8. tedmason

tedmason Member

Have you looked at Creative Labs Extigy or Audigy? Comes as an internal sound card or an external box with gain and mixing controls. External has worked well for me.

Look for it at Tigerdirect.com or on eBay. All have mini plugs, so you would need a $2 adapter plug for your RCA plug. But you can buy within your $50 budget for something that works.

9. axo1usa

axo1usa Member

When you're dealing with a limited budget the others are"on the money"....Turtle Beach or Creative. However, if you can wait for a sale and pick up close to wholesale go to your largest discount music store in your area. You can also look at Guitarcenter.com or
    Samash.com. Music store have the fixings for the best hardware and software on the market.

10. THEDICE

THEDICE Member

im usin sonicxplosion and its the best card ive had in a long time sound quality is superb and its has plenty of inputs for analogue recording and also optical in and out speakers sound great when connected by optical cable.cost me 45 uk pounds but will probably be about 45 dollers in america as we get ripped of in uk for puter hardware.

11. axo1usa

axo1usa Member

WoW! I'll have to look that one up. Thanks

12. THEDICE

THEDICE Member

follow this link and check it out
    www.pure-digital.com/Products/product.asp?Product=VL-60646
    the videologic sonicxplosian

13. THEDICE

THEDICE Member

follow this link and check it out
    www.pure-digital.com/Products/product.asp?Product=VL-60646