1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound distorted during vcd playback

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by amun, Feb 5, 2007.

1. amun

amun Member

I am trying to play a vcd on a stand alone dvd player it is able to play vcds but some i try to play the sound is distorted. I know its only me because i know of other people who have had no problems playing the exact same vcd. Can anybody help.

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

It may have been a glitch when you burnt it. Does it happen at the same point on all your fault VCD disks?

3. amun

amun Member

no its from start to finish on any that it happens to but i have lent others off friends and they have no problem with them yet i do.

4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Have you tried another brand of disk? What speed are you burning at? What make of disks are you using at present?

5. amun

amun Member

I have only tried the one brand i dont really burn much so i just usually get them from asda supermarket. I am burning at 16x at least.

6. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Try some better disks; look for Sony or Verbatim disks. Also, burn @ 8x.

7. amun

amun Member

I have also been looking around an read somewhere that if you use video leads (red, white and yellow) you remove one of the colours and this sorts the problem but i don't know if this is right or not. I don't use video leads just a normal scart but was thinking of getting some to try it out. Will try some new disks though thanks.

8. amun

amun Member

just fixed it found a button on my dvd player remote (audio mode) changes it to mono this sorts the sound out don't know why but it works. Thanks for your help.