1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound doesnt match video???

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by soz, Jan 18, 2005.

1. soz

soz Member

Hey,

I have tried playing movie files from my laptop (mainly AVI and MPEG)on to my TV using S-Video. The picture comes up fine....but the sound does not match the peoples lip movements on screen.
    It seems to be a few seconds delayed. Sound hookup I am using is 2 RCA plugs (white and red) into my amp, and then into my laptop headphone port.

Can anyone please help me and tell me how to get the sound matching the picture??

Thanks a lot.

2. Rylenol

Rylenol Member

im havin the same problem.

3. Schwaggy

Schwaggy Member

you might want to try gold tipped Monster Cables! Gold is a better conductor!

4. soz

soz Member

thanks for getting back.
    so if i get these cables....do you think the sound will start matching the video?? if it is this simple then that would be great.
    thanks again

5. Schwaggy

Schwaggy Member

I am not 100% sure so dont quote me! It might help but it does sound like a video card driver issue! Another issue might be that s-video is high quality and avi and mpeg isnt!

6. arem220

arem220 Guest

Try de-fragging before transferring the data to the destination drive.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2005
  7. Schwaggy

Schwaggy Member

A fragmented drive can affect hard drive performance too....... Mismatched video and sound is a driver or codec problem! I had the same problem when I first got my LCD monitor! I connected the secondary s-video (on my video card) to the HD tv and when I tried playing anything, the sound was off about a second or so! I searched for updated codecs and video drivers, looked for any settings for tv monitor and played with them! Its been a while so dont remember exactly what I did..... but try all of these? Also what video card do you have? How fast is ur processor and how much mem do you have?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2005