1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sound not working ( realtek ac'97 win xp home edition)

Discussion in 'Audio' started by billiej, Apr 11, 2007.

1. billiej

billiej Member

i have a windows xp home edition and i have a realtek ac'97 sound card. i formatted my computer and everything works fine but the audio seems to be not working. i have got the latest drivers i have tried everything if you have any suggestions please could you post them here thank you for any answer in advance

2. freakFlag

freakFlag Member

Make sure the sound card is plugged in completely into the motherboard ... after moving that's a common cause

Also make sure you have the audio in Windows unmuted, go into Control Panel and open the Audio component (Sounds and Multimedia) and make sure Windows has registered a sound card ... if not you have not installed the drivers properly

Finally, make sure the speaker/headphone plug is in the green jack

3. billiej

billiej Member

i have done all that and still nothing works i was wondering is there any way of finding out if teh sound card has blown or in any way stopped working if so can you please tell me so i can find out and buy a new one and start enjoying my audio again. thanks