1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound out of sync

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sadiesun, Sep 23, 2004.

1. sadiesun

sadiesun Member

I have just converted a DivX avi to DVD format via WinAVI Video convertor so that I had a bunch of VOBs and IFOs etc, then authored it with TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.6 so I could add chapters and menu etc and finally burnt it with Nero, this all worked fine except that I didnt test the authored file before I burnt it and when I came to play it the sound was out of sync by about a second.
    Does anybody know why this would be and what I can do about it?
    Cheers.

2. Manngo

Manngo Member

WinAVI?
    Use DVD2SVCD to convert avi 2 DVD. Always right.
    I have done about 80 avi2dvd projects and have never met a problem like this.

3. sadiesun

sadiesun Member

Thanks for that, but I have just checked the authored file on my hard drive and it plays fine, so it appears that the sound has gone out of sync during the burning process. I use Nero 6 to burn, is it possible there is some setting on Nero that will cause the sound problems?

4. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

So your Video and Audio are burnt as two seperate files? Must be an IFO problem. I would try merging the two so no matter what they are always in sync.

5. sadiesun

sadiesun Member

My sound and video file aren't actually burnt as two separate files, I have never separated them during the encoding so far, so after authoring all I have is a bunch of VOBs, BUPs & IFOs in the Video folder which I burn into the Video folder of Nero. When I click on one of the authored VOB files it plays fine so as Pollushon says it must be something to do with the IFO file but I still have no clue what to do. I have only about 6 conversions of avi to dvd in this manner and they have all worked great apart from this one so I am at a loss to know where the problem is, can anyone advise me further?

6. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

Then I would say maybe the software your using to convert AVI to DVD is the problem. It may not be converting the IFO correctly. Most movies and games will work fine off the hardrive, but come the time you burn them to disc its a different story. Your DVD player might not be able to read the IFO correctly.I have TMPGenc 3.0 express and have never had any conversion issues. I also use Any DVD and Clone DVD (useless for AVI to DVD)