1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sound playback problems, please help!!!!!!

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by ddub4life, Jan 3, 2003.

1. ddub4life

ddub4life Guest

I downloaded some movies recently. when I play them on divx player and fast forward the picture takes all day to fast forward and the sounds starts all over again. Any ideas why? And how can i fix it?

2. Khisanth

Khisanth Regular member

are you sure it's the video and not your comp? I get stuff like that when I fastforward, but I think I get it cause my pc is jumping ahead in boht audio and video and then has to sync the two when it finds the video part

Last edited: Jan 3, 2003
  3. ddub4life

ddub4life Guest

Ok, I think it is my computer doing it now that i think about it. Well, how do i stop it. Its very frustrating when it does it. Do I need some type of codec or something? Tell me please!

4. Khisanth

Khisanth Regular member

aside from a computer upgrade? what's your pc specs?

if you don't want or plan to upgrade anything, or if it's already fast just do some basic maintenance like defrag and check disk. make sure you have a good and decent amount of free disk space for you swap file, do all that and see what happens

5. Khisanth

Khisanth Regular member

oh yeah, also try to limit how many programs or services you have running in the background

6. ddub4life

ddub4life Guest

ok, ill do that. Hopefully it will work when i defrag my computer and check disk. If it doesnt, i'll try to upgrade my computer at a store. Let you know what happens.

Oh yeah, since im kind of new to this computer thing, I didnt know what you was talkin about when you asked whats my computer specs. What is that?

7. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

specs:

processor (ie: Pentium III 650 mhz)
    memory (ie: 512 MB SDRAM PC 133)
    hard drive (ie: 20gb ATA 100)

etc, etc, etc..

To answer your original question, you may want to install different video codecs, and possibly consider using Windows Media Player, I find it to be better than DivX player that comes with some codec packs.

Also, I have had videos that I downloaded which exhibited the same problems that you described, but only a couple videos did this so I think the videos themeselves were to blame.. Do you have any other DivX films that work correctly or do they all have this problem?

8. ddub4life

ddub4life Guest

yeah, not all of the videos do that, just a few.

Ill try using Windows Media Player, even though i do have windows media player, it tends to have an audio delay on some divx videos. I guess because i dont have the right codecs maybe?

Would you tell me what type of codecs would be best.

I do appreciate your help. Thanks!

9. Khisanth

Khisanth Regular member

I realy don't know much about the audio codecs beyond ac3 (which is funny working sometimes) and mp3