1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound Problem (No sound what so ever)

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by rostame2, May 14, 2007.

1. rostame2

rostame2 Guest

Information: Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA (R) Audio Controller
    Software: I got it from their own site..
    Windows: Xp Pro. Pk 2

At first yesterday my sound was working, while viewing Youtube, then today all of a sudden Sound wasnt there anymore. I went to my Device Manager and saw a Yellow ! on my sound driver! Then I went to My Audion Website of Realtek and downloaded its program and then Rebooted my comp. Again, then I went back to my Device manager and the Yellow ! was gone. Then I tested my sound driver through its program (Volume Control) and sound recorder, but no sound. Uninstalled the Sound Driver, then rebooted and said found new hardware, and i let it install itself, but again no sound worked.

Now what should I do? Any tips than can help me get this fixed...?
    Email me your help to i'manidiot.com edited by ddp

Thanks,
    Rostame2

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2007
  2. steimy

steimy Active member

it could be your windows audio drivers that are the problem and not the Realtek drivers. And have you gone into the Realtek set up panel and fooled with the different setting to make sure it is just not set up wrong for your system. Like if it is set to digital audio, and you do not have digital, you will have no sound.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

rostame2, no email posting as per forum rules above, post edited. what is the make & model# of the computer or motherboard? the reason for asking is that via has their own sound driver & it isn't realtek.

Last edited: May 15, 2007
  4. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

rostame2, have you tried installing the audio drivers from the CD that came with your motherboard?

5. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

all you may need to do is go to windows update and update your drivers through windows update. If that does not work try rolling back the driver if you have already updated the driver to the point that there is no new drivers.