1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound Problem

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by lo_ammi, Oct 5, 2002.

1. lo_ammi

lo_ammi Guest

Finally got a divix5 movie done and for some odd reason, the sound comes out few seconds ealier than the picture. What could I have done wrong? Only thing I didn't follow on steps was downmixing the audio to 44.1kHz on DVD2AVI step.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

This is a very easy problem to fix with divx.

You can open the file in VirtualDub. Click Audio - Full Processing Mode and click video - direct stream copy.

Then click audio and interleaving, you can change the startup delays for the audio so they will be in perfect sync!

The file - save avi. Don't forget to use your divx and audio codecs when saving.

3. lo_ammi

lo_ammi Guest

So I gotta go through 12 hours of waiting again?

4. Dela

No, if you have the video set on direct stream copy you won't have to wait very long. About 2-5 minutes actually

5. lo_ammi

lo_ammi Guest

If I dont have it on direct stream copy then I would have to wait hours again? Is it better to have it on direct stream copy or do it over? I want quality movie but if there isn't any noticeable difference then it's ok

6. Dela

Do change to direct stream copy. If you re-encode the video, you will looses way more quality!