1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound problems when burning DVD from .avi

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by falcon1a, Apr 9, 2005.

1. falcon1a

falcon1a Member

I have a .avi format movie. Video(23.976fps, 624*352(16:9) mpeg-4
    Audio 132kps, mpeg layer-3.

When I use adobe premiere pro 1.5, I don't get any sound when I burn the movie. I have other DVD authoring programs, but most don't maintain 16:9 aspect ratios. Do I need a plug-in here?

Second question on the movie format. When I burn it as 16:9, I get black bars on four sides of the picture, but still looks wide screen. I think the problem is 624x352 vs. 720x480? How do I properly burn the video to maintain the 16:9 ratio? Maybe I am using the wrong setting there.

I also have adobe encore DVD that I haven't used yet and roxio easy media creator 7.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. falcon1a

falcon1a Member

Anyone?

3. Gringle

Gringle Guest

Give DVDSanta a free run.

regards gringle :)

4. falcon1a

falcon1a Member

Thanks Gringle. I've tried the DVD Santa and it converted the .avi to mpeg, ready to be burned. It did it within 2 hours or so. Not bad. I was trying TMGenc for conversion, but it would've taken around 13 hours and that's too long. Why would it take so long, I guess difference in quality of final product?

5. Gringle

Gringle Guest

I think we've hit a suck and see situation, time for you to get the RWs' out and spend some time burning and learning.

What's them athletic folks say, no pain; no gain,

bubbles rule

no burn, no learn.