1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound Problems with Xvid-Ac3 AVI

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by hundy, May 3, 2003.

1. hundy

hundy Member

So I've been trying to rip the Usual Suspects for quite some time now. Took me long enough to figure out what to set my 4:3 resolution to (which by the way, 640 x 512 turned out quite nicely cropped) and now the sound is really giving me a hell of a time. Even though it is only AC3 2.0 192Kbps, I wanted to give it a try, because I heard the quality is better than mp3. Now here is where the problem arises: every time I mux the avi with the ac3 using 3 different programs(Avi-Mux, Nandub, and the VirtualDubMod) the sound has strange clicks to it. Now I thought the problem might be with my rip, but I decoded the AC3 to wav, and no clicks at all. So then I thought it might be the muxing. Put the wav together with the Video AVI and no clicks. So now I have no idea what to do. Do I just give up on AC3? Any help would be much appreciated so I can finally be done with this.

2. hundy

hundy Member

Well I gave up on the usual suspects and ended up just encoding the ac3 to mp3-wav using besweet since it was only 2 channel anyway. Now I encoded braveheart, went to use the 5.1 audio, and sure enough I can hear the damn clicks again. Please someone out there help me. I can't be the only one with this problem.