1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound Skipping, please help!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by GlennT, Jul 17, 2003.

1. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

i am using swipe card, AR2V2.........i have a v3 machine.

i am having trouble with sounds and movies "skipping", and "freezing" for a few seconds at a time on my backups! anyone else have these problems...........in particular, my "enter The Matrix" DVD-R backup is bad.........i don't think it's the backup itself (i burned it at 1x) cos it skips at different places each time, and i know the movies play fine cos i tested them on the pc (with PSS Play, i think it's called)...........anyone know how to fix skipping PS2 backups??????????

it could be my booting method i thinks............cos i have a newer V2 AR2 (it's version 2.33), i have to do a tripple swap method to boot dvd-r's (i swap AR2V2.33 for older AR2V2 backup, then insert original DVD-r, using eject, and swap again for DVD-r backup)

anyone know if the SWAP MAGIC discs have the same problems and if they work on my PAL machine, and if they work with the swipe card??????

any input much appreciated!

2. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

so what, does NO ONE have this skipping problem???????

sorry, but i don't believe that. come on, someone must have experienced backups skipping?????

someone must also know the solution!!!

PLEASE HELP!

3. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Well, I doubt it's your booting method. As far as booting is concerned, it's either going to boot or not. You're already burning at 1x which I can't stress enough so the next thing I'd look at is your media. The older PS2's don't read writable media very well (which is the next thing I'd try BTW since you have a v3) so you should be using the highest quality media available for your backups. If you've taken care of that, try the old lens cleaner or opening up the unit and manually cleaning the DVD lens. Otherwise, I've seen posts here regarding adjusting the power or gain on the DVD lens but more than likely if it comes to that, your lens is one step away from being useless altogether.

4. dvdps2

dvdps2 Regular member

5. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

Icemonkey, i think you could be right actually, since i backed it up onto the dvd-r that came free with my drive (i think the make was VIVASTAR????)

anyway, since the media is only glitchey with the ps2, as the ps2 is very picky as to which media it reads...........i should be able to correct the problem by ripping the global image from the DVD-R and burning to a quality media, right (cos i have "mislayed" my original DVD-ROM game disc)

6. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

From my experience, cheap or deteriorated media that won't read in a PSX/PS2 usually will read fine in a PC. Seems not to be so much an issue with poor media so much as an issue with Sony's drives demanding top quality media. Remember that Sony's drives are intentionally not tuned to read writable media unless otherwise stated in the product specifications.