1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound skips when encoding in tmpgenc

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Tommy152, Jul 17, 2003.

1. Tommy152

Tommy152 Member

Ive been trying to encode my divx and xvid files onto dvd. First i installed the divx codec...and then the xvid codec. I go to encode the file in tmpgenc..and the xvid files come out fine. But in the divx files...the sound starts to skip about halfway into the movie. It skips at a random spot every time...but once it skips..it skips for the rest of the movie. The funny thing is that i found that if i did a complete format...and installed the xvid codec first..and then the divx codec...the divx movies come out fine..and the xvid movies come out with the skipping. Any ideas??? Usually i just go to the wizard...choose dvd...ntsc...choose my file for both video and sound...change my bitrate to vbr (also tried cbr)...and let it go. My vfapi priority settings are..directshow=1..everything else 0 except AVI VFW which is set to -1.

2. IMRANmel

IMRANmel Regular member

try ulead dvd factory

3. Tommy152

Tommy152 Member

I usually use ulead after tmpgenc encodes it to burn to dvd. I like the ulead menus. But if i use ulead to encode..it works fine..except that the video comes out 4:3 instead of widescreen.