1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOUND SYNC ISSUES

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Rbonie, Dec 17, 2001.

1. Rbonie

Rbonie Guest

12/17/2001 13:44:24
    (tech question to mnf site)
    USB INSTANT DVD
    Problem description: After CAPTURING MPEG FOR VCD THE SOUND IS NOT SYNCED WITH THE VIDEO. I am using an AMD 950 mgz system with 750 megs of ram and a plextore 12/10/32a burner and a Creative SoundBlaster AudioPCI sound card.Also using an ATI Rage 128 Pro w/32 megs ram. I have been able to tweak the Capwiz to get sound "almost" synced in play back but then when I burn the resulting mpeg the sound is "significantly" off sync. ???? Any suggestions???

Using ADS USB instant DVD capture device..Sound didn't sync till I "tweaked" setting in "CapWiz" (simple capture prog that comes with device). After capture I can play back resulting MPG and sound looks reeeel close (not perfect). But when I burn to VCD, (using Nero 5.5.4 and Roxio's ez cd creator 5 platinum), sound is significantly off.
    Burning with Plextor 12/10/32a burner and using s/b AudioPCI card. ????
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.(and prolly save me tons o bucks as I have created BUNCH o coasters)
    Tanx :>)

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Don't capture directly to MPEG, puh-leez... The quality suffers and it also _might_ be the cause for synch problems.

Always capture to non-lossy format (or almost non-loss format) like M-JPEG -- I admit that this requires helluvalot of HDD space, but it's worth it. And then edit the video and _then_ encode the video using TMPGEnc.

Read my short guide of capturing (originally just for music videos, but it works for everything) from here:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/archive/musicvideo_guide_part_1_capture.cfm

3. Rbonie

Rbonie Guest

Tanx will try it also update old CHEAP sound card...
    LIKE GIVING CHICKEN SOUP TO A DEAD MAN..... "Couldn't Hoit!!!"