1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sound tracks problem with channels

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by gigie, Jun 13, 2004.

1. gigie

gigie Guest

I recently tried to back-up my Lion Ling 1.5 sequel using DVD43, then Decryptor then DVD shrink 3.1 which ultimately burned it with Nero. Even though I selected both ENglish sountracks when I re-authored to fit it to the disk only one soundtrack is on the CD-r copy. Some computer-based DVD players will play the sound but only if I change the channel to which the soundtrack is played. I believe its the DTS soundtrack that is giving my copied version the problem. Is there anyway to make the Dolby soundtrack the default soundtrack that POWERDVD, my separate standalone DVD player and WIndows media player can pick to play automatically. Windows media player will not play the movie with the sound on. (guess it does not have a plug-in for DTS). Power DVD can play the dub but I have to change the audio channel to CHannel 2 just like on the stand alone DVD player in my living room. There was only one DVD downloadable player that automatically picked up which track had the sound on it and played it without having to set it and that was WINDVD (I believe). I did not keep this software because it was shareware and expired but was nice because I did not have to change any settings to hear the sound (just like the original).

+++++
    My question, what setting if possible due I make in NERO or shrink to get the soundtrack that is copied made to be on channel one, the default playback audio track? Is this a Nero or Shrink issue. (remember I had selected both Dolby 2.1 and the DTS but only the Dolby was heard so I had to switch to audio channel 2 (track) to hear the sound). Is that a security feature?

thanks for any help

Gigie

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I'd suggest selecting only the soundtrack you plan on using. Since you reauthored, lost the menus and consequently don't have a choice between soundtracks it seems like your players are defaulting to the first audio track they find.

Whenever I reauthor I always take out all audio tracks save one so I haven't actually encountered this problem myself.

3. gigie

gigie Guest

Thanks I will give that a whirl!

G