1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sound with VGA??

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by hadum, Apr 16, 2007.

1. hadum

hadum Member

Hey guys,

I have the vga cable for my 360, and im playing on a samsung 20.1" lcd monitor (which looks great!) The monitor has no sound, and i hav'nt got phono connections in my speakers, so i was running my sound through my computers sound card. Speakers through Line out, 360 through line in.
    I've just replaced my pc, and soundcard.. Iv now got a Realtek ALC883, and when i try and run the same set-up, no 360 sound...!
    The pc is fine, but it no longer picks up the 360 sound.
    I've checked the settings, and it is definately plugged into the line-in port.
    Any ideas??

2. steimy

steimy Active member

is that the high-def audio drivers from Realtek? Just wondering because that is what mine has and with my set up i can get true surround sound with those and the Logitek speaker set i bought.
    Never tried it with the 360 though. what hook ups does your PC have? does it only have one line in?

you may just be better off to buy yourself a set of speakers made for a PC and hook them up to the 360 directly. even better, buy a cheap receiver and speakers and you will be set.
    $100 and you could have a real sound system for it, not top notch but better than a PC system.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882125045
    even something really cheap like this one, as long as it has RCA jacks for the input from the 360 it should work.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...t&productCategoryId=cat03052&id=1134699430178

3. hadum

hadum Member

Yeh its the high def driver. It sounds great using sound from my pc though. Well with the software you can set which port does what. So i havn't really only got 1 line in, as i can change the other 1's to do that aswel.

Yh i was thinking of just buyin a seperate system for it. Thanks alot for you help and the links.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

ok, your PC setup may be like mine then. I have 6 seperate lines
    (front,rear,center&sub,headphones,mic & line out) and with the Realtek drivers i can switch any of them to output as a certain type or even a certain amount of speakers. And the surround sound does sound nice if you have that because you actually get true surround sound and not emulated.

If you can not get it working with the PC then the only real way to get good sound is going to be a receiver and surround speakers.