1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sound

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by ticketyb, May 27, 2007.

1. ticketyb

ticketyb Guest

When I use shrink or anydvd with nero to back-up a dvd, everything is okay apart from the sound on the backed up dvd which is very quiet when i play the dvd on my dvd player! I have the volume tuned up really high to get good sound! Anyone have any ideas how to overcome this problem?
    Cheers
    Ticketyboo

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

That's a common issue with copies. You have found the solution though by turning up the volume. You can do some volume "editing" if you convert the vobs in NeroVision. It's not really worth the time though. Neither Shrink nor Burning ROM have any provisions for setting volume levels.

Edit,
    Some suggestions that may or may not help...

See if this is specific to your player. Can you try the copy in another?

You could try "booktyping" a DVD+R and see if the player will play it louder.

Try burning it with a different program. Try ImgBurn.

Try ripping with AnyDVD/Nero Recode.

Try using less compression, with Shrink select Re-Author, drag over Main Movie only, unselect all subpictures, keep only the 5.1 audio.

Keep only the 5.1 audio even if you do not re-author.

Try a different brand of media. Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden are good choices.

Last edited: May 27, 2007
  3. codee

codee Member

Is it safe to select only the 5.1 audio everytime? There isn't any reason to keep the 2.0 track is there? It usually takes up enough space to make deleting it worthwile, but I've always left it not knowing...

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

The only way to be sure what audio track to keep is to listen to it first.
    If the 2 channel audio is the same as the 5.1 you can keep just the two channel. With surround sound it would be better to have the 5.1.
    Like I mentioned though, you should listen first.

To preview audio with Shrink:
    Load a movie and start the main movie in the preview.
    Right click the preview window and select Audio. Put a check beside the audio track you want to listen to.

[​IMG]

If you were to uncheck the French audio you would save 422MB, Woohoo!

Notice that just the Main Movie is selected(in blue). Removing the French or any other audio track here would not remove it from the extras or the menus.