1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soundcard Problem Only Hearing Noise out of One Speaker

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by FaugYou, Aug 17, 2007.

1. FaugYou

FaugYou Regular member

Hi, First off I checked the balance and if all were normal I would be hearing sound coming out of both speakers. I have hooked up to my computer 2 dell computer speakers and the right one (which is plugged in and has the volume adjuster located on it) doesn't produce any sounds while the speaker on the left (that's hooked up to the one on the right) produces sound. I don't know much about sound cards and drivers but this are my specs:

Realtek AC'97 Audio
    Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device
    Legacy Audio Drivers

I know it's not the right speaker that's broken because A) it supplies power to the left one and more importantly B) I hooked up 3 different speakers and the problem is the same each time. My signature might aid to more information concerning the MOBO and what not.

Thank you for ANY HELP =)

2. jazbebies

jazbebies Guest

Is this onboard sound or via pci sound card?

If pci then try using a different pci slot, this has worked for many.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2007
  3. FaugYou

FaugYou Regular member

it's onboard

4. jazbebies

jazbebies Guest

As you've checked the balances i'm not sure what else it could be.

You could try playing music through the speakers while moving the speaker jack in the pc port, e.g. slightly pulling it out, while listening to the non working speaker.

Maybe reinstall of driver?

If all fails you could purchase a pci sound card as they are very cheap to buy nowadays.

5. FaugYou

FaugYou Regular member

figured it out thanks jazbebies tho... the problem was that the jumpers were in the wrong spot and it shorted out the right speaker i just adusted the location of the jumpers and all was well.

6. jazbebies

jazbebies Guest

Nice! thats a good to know.