1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soundtrax Export Failures

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by ShortoW, Mar 9, 2007.

1. ShortoW

ShortoW Member

Soundtrax - Export CD Tracks to Audio Files – Failures

I use mainly use Soundtrax to transcribe LP and Tape to Audio Files. After the last Nero 7 Update v7.7.5.1 when I try to Export the CD Splits to Audio Files. The first CD split will encode and save to a *.wav file OK, but the rest of the CD splits will save as empty *.wav files! All of the previous Versions of Soundtrax have been unstable and has hung-up or closed the program very indiscreetly, but has finally Exported the Splits to Audio *.wav files after a few retries. I haven’t been able to Export and Create any type of audio file except *.wav files. Wave Files is the only Type of file that it will allow CD Export to make – I Think!

My system is an Intel P4 2.52 ghz with 512 mb of memory with an 80 gb Hard Drive with 30 gb Free and a Memorex 52 MAXX 2452AJ Burner running on Windows XP Pro SP 2 with all updates. I have used Nero ever science Roxio Easy CD Creator crashed my system so bad that I had to Rebuild Everything from scratch. I started on a Nero Express Version then upgraded to Nero 6 then to Nero 7 Ultra Edition thru all the Versions to v7.7.5.1.

I read the Forums and tried some troubleshooting steps found there like:
    Run Soundtrax standalone without the -ScParameter=8 switch – Etc.
    Created different SoundTrax Profiles using different types of master files.
    Closing unrelated Programs – Etc.
    No Log File is created that I can find. The NeroHistory.Log only shows Burn Info.
    I suspect that my Older License that I am using could be the problem, but there hasn’t been any report that tells me that it needs to be Upgraded Also. Anyone know for Sure?

Soundtrax has become very unstable and I am Stuck. How about some of you Experts out there straighten me out and – Become Da Man or Lady!

Thanks - - - Shorto

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

Is your Older License for Nero 7, if so it should still be good.

Did you run the clean tools for Nero 6 prior to installing 7? It doesn't appear your install is the problem.

It appears exporting CD tracks to audio files will only do .wavs, but you can export to audio file in several different formats. But the exported CD Tracks .wav files do seem to be as you describe. Track 1 actually had audio in it, but the rest did not.

My suggestion is for you to use Wave Editor to capture your audio. You can divide it into tracks and export audio tracks as files for it, just like SoundTrax. You can then put the audio tracks into SoundTrax to make the CD. After I post this, I will try using Wave Editor to make sure it hasn't been messed up and still works the way it used to.

Secondly, make sure and file a formal report with Nero, and be as specific as you can about your steps so they can duplicate what you did.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2007
  3. ShortoW

ShortoW Member

Hi Saltgrass
    Thanks for the reply.
    As I remember I did clean nero 6 before installing Nero 7 v7.0.8.2
    The License I am using is from Nero Version 7
    The feature - Export CD splits to audio file - Writes all of the splits files, but the first one is the only one that has Audio, the rest are empty with no Audio at all! The progression bar during creation of the *.wav files looks good for the first file and is has Good Audio, but for the rest - the bar just zips on thru as the rest of the files are created and they have No Audio!
    Thanks for the Wave Editor Tip, I will try that program and see if all the files can be captured that way. I just can't understand why the Update is causing my problem with SoundTrax all the other Programs seem to be allright as far as I can tell, unless something happened to the download from Nero. I had to download the Update twice, the first one reported that it was corrupted when I tried to install it!
    Regards - - Shorto

P.S. Tested the Process using Wave Editor on the same LP to transcribe the music to *.wav files and everything worked OK. Also Wave Editor will save to all types of music formats not just *.wav

Last edited: Mar 10, 2007