1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Source DVD greater then 4.3 GB

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by star11078, Dec 25, 2004.

1. star11078

star11078 Member

I'm new to this so please bear with me. I have DECRYPTER version 3.5.1.0 installed and working perfectly. I'm trying to backup my STTNG DVDs and DECRYPTER says they're 8.XX GB in length (four episodes per Disc). How do I back them up? Any help is appreciated....
    Happy Holidays...

2. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

star11078 has foud his own answers to this basic Newbie question. As he states in his second thread.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/139000

Saving you the trouble.

star11078 you would get the same answers to your question in the DVD-R for newbies forum, which would be a more appropriate forum.

Welcome to aD. If you need help, someone here will help, but it won't always be fast.

3. star11078

star11078 Member

Of course, you are correct... Was trying to run before I can walk.. Should know better.. Was in the Army many years and learned there to "RTFM" (read the f****** manual) before doing things. Old age is creeping up on me and have forgotten the lessons learned in my youth...

4. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

It happens to most of us when we first get here. No matter how old or young. When we get a new toy were in a rush to play with it.
    I hope things go as well as they did for me, once I came to aD. I was lucky. DVDs' are finicky beasts.

Best advise to start out with practice on a few RW disc. When you are ready to burn, buy decent discs and keep your speed down. Advise which you can find in abundance here.