1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Source DVD

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by ta109, Oct 10, 2004.

1. ta109

ta109 Guest

I just bought DVDXCopy and to test it out I burn a copy of one of my movies. To judge the quality of the copy I put the original back in my computer to view it. Windows Media and InterActual programs will not read the DVD. It tells me that there has been a copyright violation (CSS). Did I copy it wrong? Will this happen to every movie I copy? Is there a way to avoid this when copying? Could someone shed some light on the subject before I go any further!!!

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi there ta109, welcome to AD,

The DVD XCopy you purchased is a RF (ripper free) version Which means that it cannot copy any commerical DVD.
    (I'm kind of wondering where you bought it as the company is out of business and as such has no sales force or tech support)

Not to worry though, you've come to the right spot - we have just what you need :)

Here is a little something to make everythig all better -

It's called 321RIP. Download, and unzip to ANYWHERE on your system, just remeber where it is!. Double click the Icon, and click the button!

http://321rip.tripod.com/

Enjoy and stop back and visit awhile -

Pete

3. ta109

ta109 Guest

Actually what I bought was a copy of the DVDXCopy Platinum with Ripper, pre-ban version. You're right there is no support, but I was able to get some assistance from a company that has a few copies left for sale. From what I can understand, the ripper strips the CSS from the DVD in order for a copy to made. Is that right? I made a copy of a commercial DVD, and it plays fine in my DVD player and on my computer. The definition is not as good as the original DVD but still looks good. My concern is that when the CSS is stripped or alternate during the XCopy process, that certain DVD programs on my computer will not play the commercial DVD. Is this inherent due to the ripping process? Any thoughts?

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

5. ta109

ta109 Guest

Gotcha'! I posted the same question on the xcopy forum. So, does Xcopy damage or alter the CSS on the commericial DVD?

6. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

More like removes copy protection.