1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SP2, is this normal?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by burgner, Dec 14, 2004.

1. burgner

burgner Member

Is it normal that when you boot up your computer after installing windows XP SP2, that at the windows "loading" screen it doesn't show which version you have? I have home, but it just says windows XP and then the little bar with the things going acros over and over isn't green like normal it seems to be the color of the pro one. Was just wondering if this was normal?

Thanks

2. teggy

teggy Regular member

Yes that is normal, odd as it may be but it happened to me to.

Oh and mine is the pro version so I coudln't help you with the loading bar colour, although if your computer is running fine there should be no reason to worry. Just think, you will prolly upgrade OS next year when MS release there new one.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2004
  3. burgner

burgner Member

well actually, i had pro and then installed SP2. I had the problem that i described above, but my computer ran SO SLOW! so i uninstalled it but it got screwed up. I had to format and didn't have my pro CD because it was in my shipment (i just moved) and so i had to buy home and now i have home and the same thing happened. Even if i format the computer runs really REALLY slow after installing SP2. Also where can i find more information about microsoft's new OS next year?

4. hogan

hogan Regular member

I had the same SLOW problem after installing sp2 on my xp pro. It gets faster the more I use my computer. It's like sp2 has to "settle in" to work properly.

5. CJC

CJC Regular member

Hey

Yes its completely normal for both Win XP Home and Win XP Pro to lose the version on the boot screen.

The new OS from Microsoft, i think ur referring to Windows Longhorn

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/longhorn/

Which isnt due out till mid-late 2006 i hear.

CJC

6. owen420

owen420 Member

well i have installed sp2 on pro and home with just using the update and noticed on older installations and pcs infected with spyware of viruses tend to slow down but the ones that are clean just speed right up and run better it everntally does get used to it thow but i think its just better to reload with a actual windows xp pro cd with intregrated sp2 because some comps that are full of shit just crash and pull blue screen if sp2 is installed like that and then u have to reload it suks iuno if ure comp is like that i wouldnt install it id just redo it

go here http://bradyplanet.tk

7. owen420

owen420 Member

oh yea and that change in the loading screen is from sp2 they changed it because they felt they should have just sold pro instead of home because of the differances and therefor made sp2 change home into pro security or so im told but its wat i think

8. yugioh2me

yugioh2me Regular member

the coming windows OS is called Longhorn and is in pre-alpha testing in the labs

some builds have been made and some have been leaked to the internet.

the latest one would probably be:

Longhorn 4083 for 64-bit systems (32 bit hasnt been leaked yet)

you can also get Longhorn Build 4074 if you are a MSDN universal subscriber but its filled with 1000s of bugs