1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker comparisson

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by voumv, Feb 23, 2007.

1. voumv

voumv Member

2. avguyz

avguyz Member

See you must understand that the Kefs are the best speakers in the world of bookshelf speakers, they have won numerous awards and are top of the class. However you are asking to compare them with low end of the high end floor speakers. The PBS are middle to higher quality floor speakers. Even the best available bookshelf speakers (aka the Kefs) cannot stack up against moderate quality floor speakers, its just not technologically possible. If you are going for sound and soung alone go with the PSB, however if you want the style, and don't mind paying for the small size at a cost of slightly lesser quality sound go with the Kefs.

3. speakersa

speakersa Guest

The comparison is very closley related to the desktop, notebook comparison. For the quality you will pay about 40% more the notebook. However in the speaker world its more like 25-30% better sound of a floor speaker of similar price (on average).

4. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

You seem to have a decent budget to work with so I'd also take a look at these babies too ... I use top of the line mirages all the way around but truth is, Ohm are my favorites. Also, they work with you .... tell them what kind of equipment, room size etc. and they'll work out the best. What impressed me most about them is that they actually talked a buddy of mine out of spending more money! They said that the speakers he was looking at were too big for his space and suggested a less expensive pair which they said would sound better because of the room size. Very impressive sound/ very impressive company.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2007