1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

speakers"popping"

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by rjr20001, Apr 2, 2005.

1. rjr20001

rjr20001 Member

i have just set up an acoustic solution 5.1 theatre system with a sanyo dvd player via coax and find with some films (not all) that i experience a popping sound from the rear left speaker every 30seconds or so when watching films in 5.1 format but when i watch them in stereo this noise moves to front right speaker,any ideas folks???

2. a-vman

a-vman Member

Wow, thats a new one for me. If the problem is only happening on DVD and not all of them at that, I would try a new player first. You player could be having de-coding problems. If that doesn't work try a new coax. I wouldn't think your AVR or speakers are at fault.

3. rjr20001

rjr20001 Member

cool ill try that ,though im not sure its the player as there is no probs when played through steroe tv speakers,very odd,

4. a-vman

a-vman Member

When playing through your TV you are probably in analog. Sound like you are having trouble in the digital decoding.

5. rjr20001

rjr20001 Member

ok that sounds sensible ill have a go,cheers

6. rjr20001

rjr20001 Member

just tested some older discs burned at 4x,and they seem ok,could this be cos 6x speed is just to fast?liteon drive,ridata discs,dvd shrink

7. squizzle

squizzle Active member

try switching your speaker with a different channel. If you get the popping coming out of the same speaker still, then the problem lies in the speaker.