1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Specific movie burning problems

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by jwhyrock, Mar 20, 2005.

1. jwhyrock

jwhyrock Guest

Well first off let me re-thank ScubaPete and all the rest of the gurus here for all the help in a previous thread I posted in that got deleted.

I've been burning up a storm since then and haven't had any problems. I switched to DVD+Rs, Ritek Ridata specifically, and haven't had many (almost zero) problems. On a side note I ended up running out of my Ridatas and had some cheapy Memorexs lying around from a stocking stuffer present and my friend gave me some TDKs he wasn't using. All of them worked fine. Just fyi.

Normally I wouldn't bug you all about a movie not burning, but I am curious if there is a trend. See a while back I attempted to burn a copy of "The Evil Dead" and it couldn't analyze it. Well I just attempted to burn a copy of "The Grudge" and the same thing happened. Both discs were in fine condition as I watched them both. Perhaps not coincidentally the guy that made both films is Sam Raimi (correct me if I'm wrong here). I am wondering if there is a specific copyright protection for his films or certain movies that DVD Shrink can't decrypt. If anyone could help me out here I'd appreciate it as I don't like not being able to make a copy of stuff I like.

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Type the name the grudge in the search window, and be amazed by the number of threads on this subject.

3. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

jwhyrock,
    Do what Jim_Dandy stated and pay special attention to these 2 words: DVDDecrypter or AnyDVD

4. jwhyrock

jwhyrock Guest

I see what you mean about everyone having trouble with Grudge. I also had the same trouble with Little Black Book, although that wasn't exactly a big loss.

I actually have DVD Decrypter on the computer, but never used it. I was actually wondering what to use it for since DVD Shrink never really gave me any trouble. If that doesn't work I'll try that Any DVD or whatever it was called. Plus I need to update DVD Shrink if I don't have the latest version.

Sorry for doing a redundant thread. My bad.

5. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

msblack ,
    Make sure you use the newest version of DVDDecrypter or AnyDVD

6. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

If you got dvd shrink within the last year, or so, you have the current version.
    The author of dvd shrink is now working for nero.
    version 3.2.0.15
    There will be no more updates

7. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

there's a new version of dvd decryptor out a few days ago - 3.5.3.0..

as for the grudge, i know of the workarounds, but it just sailed thru copying for me (uk disc, used dvd shrink to do movie only). However i will be getting the Forgotten today, and am aware of fix(es) for this movie, just in case i run into probs

8. jwhyrock

jwhyrock Guest

I used DVD Decrypter and it worked perfect. Thanks again.

9. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

doh, version 3.5.4.0 out yesterday, used it to do the Forgotten, the burnt copy jumps just as the disc starts to spin up , but watched it thru (great film btw) , not a prob. Cheers to DVD Decryptor