1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speed and graphic issues when trying to run Dirge of Cerberus on PCSX2.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by angeteen, Dec 18, 2010.

1. angeteen

angeteen Regular member

I've done some research, and while I understand that part of the problem in getting Dirge of Cerberus to run correctly is the level of complexity compared to other games, I still can't help, but wonder if the limitation may be in the hardware I'm using, or the settings in the application.

On the hardware side I have the following:

Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T

RAM: G.SKILL Flare 8GB DDR3 SDRAM 1800

Graphics card: GTX 470

Since most of the components seems to be at a fairly decent speed I was wondering if their was some kind of setting I could make withing PCSX2 to get the game to run close to normal speed, and to not have a frozen image on the right side of the screen? I've already read the PCSX2 configuration guide, and while I learned quite a bit, nothing I tried could get the program to run any better. I even went as far to to try the beta version (0.9.7) of PCSX2, but only had marginally better luck.

As a result of all of this I was wondering if the game is simply too complex to get working normally, or if there might be a hardware component that might be acting as a bottle neck.

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement