1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

speed of copying and different brands

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by newton29, Mar 21, 2004.

1. newton29

newton29 Guest

Hi all

Not sure if i am getting there or not, i copied a dvd onto a datawrite classic 4x yellow disc at 2x which is maximum for my dvd writter using nero recode and anydvd. i tried it twice but both times the film was perfect untill the last 15 mins or so when it went choppy and blocky and frooze etc.

i tried a different brand last night and copied at 1x and this seems to have worked, my qustion is could my dvd writer be faulty or could it really be that writters like different brands of dvds and also could the speed of which u burn also contribute??

My dvd writter is a toshiba sd r6112

Thanks for you help

Chris

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

It'll be Datawrite discs that are the problem !!

I use Ritek G04 dye media if I want a back up that doesn't mess up on outer edge ;-)

3. Doom1234

Doom1234 Guest

I've heard a lot of blank dvd's have problems burning all the way to the edge of the dvd. Most people change the setting to a smaller size output after shrinking the dvd. Example - Change DVD2One output file size to 4460 MB and you shouldn't have a problem. Not sure if you can change the output size in Nero Recode though.

4. 64026402

64026402 Active member

If that is a 5112 then the riteks should burn clean at 4X. The prodisc 4X media are supposed to work to.
    I have a 5112. The ritek burns I have made are perfect.