1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speed of games under 3.40 OE-A with possibly fake MS

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by nhar068, Jun 30, 2007.

1. nhar068

nhar068 Member

Hi

I just upgraded to 3.40 OE-A with you guys' help (THANKS!) and I have just put 3 games onto my new (and possibly fake) 4gb memory stick.

The 3 games are : Ace Combat X
    Need for Speed Carbon: Own the City
    Socom U.S. Navy Seal: Fireteam Bravo 2

I now have 460MB available on my memory card.

Heres the question: Would a fake memory stick make game play slower, because Own the City plays with a lot of pauses and slow periods like its loading new data or something. By the way I have upgraded the CPU speed to 266MHZ. Should I go higher?

Any support would be much appreciated, thanks

2. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

Last edited: Jun 30, 2007
  3. nhar068

nhar068 Member

thanks man but even at 333MHz its still not very fast also GTA LCS runs quite slowly, definitely less than 30FPS quite frequently

4. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

Did you check the link to see if its a fake MS? On the PSP hit "Triangle" as soon as you start it and see if there is a capacity on the MS. If there is then it is not fake (most likely) if it says something like unavailable then it is fake. Reformat the MS and then try to run the games.

5. okthen12

okthen12 Guest

No man 3.40oe-a has some serious compatibility issues on 3.03oe-c the isos ran perfectly fine, now im on 3.40oea and they run so F***in slow... :/

I think im gonna go back 2 3.03oe-c

6. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Regular member

'

Do you mean it lags, which means it goes slow at certain points but goes fast at another point?If yes then it's quite normal.Oh, check if it is a .cso file or .iso file.If .iso then it should be OK.But if the end of the file and it says .cso then you can change it into an ISO to make it run more smooth.It's known that all GTA games in PSP as ISO runs quite slowly, in other words, lags.So go to the music bit and press the triangle button.Does it says MagicGate Unknown or MagicGate Sandisc?Since it's been 3-4 months...Have you found out?

7. speaky094

speaky094 Member

I am new to the psp. I also have just purchased a psp with 3.4oe-a firmware and i also own a 4gb MS (possible fake). I would like to know how to transfer games from disc to memory stick (simple mans terms please) as i am a complete novice to all this. all i know is to connect the psp to pc via usb. From there i'm stumped. Cheers

8. core2kid

core2kid Regular member