1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speed problems with torrent downloads.

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by moroni27, Feb 27, 2007.

1. moroni27

moroni27 Member

Hey I don't understand some of the stuff that you guys are talking about. I read a post on the net about doing something with the ports of my router but I couldn't even get into the client box to change anything. Can I call anyone on here and get a little help that way? I am running XP, have a d-link router that goes to a router in the next room, I didn't set up the broadband internet, my roommate did, I am getting download speeds of 1-15, I went in and changed the network setting on Bittorrent so that the upload/downloads are at their max, I do have about 10 files I am trying to download at the same time, most with at least 3 seeders and 10 peers.

I tried going into the http:// and put in my Gateway address 168....something but when the box came up, and I put in admin in the password, it didn't work and from there I was stuck.
    Please feel free to call me and help walk me through stuff. I would really appreciate the help. thanks ben. [removed]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2007
  2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

It's a seriously bad idea to post your telephone number in a forum Ben ;)

3. moroni27

moroni27 Member

Why is that?

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

There are plenty of very clever, very bad folks out there that can use it for ill will.

5. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Indeed, folks like me could then call you long distance in the middle of the night asking you if you knew wich came first, the chicked or the egg.
    And then i'd proceed to dial other long distance numbers through your phone, at your costs.