1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speed Writing problem..

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by KabawL, Nov 18, 2004.

1. KabawL

KabawL Member

Okay after I read the disc Im about to backup, I get it ready to write at 1x speed. Once it starts the log says I set it to 1x speed but the next line under that says its going to record at 4x speed.

Why is that? Thats probably why I have problems here and there making these backups. [bold]How do I change the settings to record at 1x speed?[/bold] The music on the backups skip and studder.

Everyones always asking for cats to explain how to use DVD DECRYPTER, I made a search for [bold]How to burn Nero and I cant find anything. Anyone please?[/bold]

2. jetblac

jetblac Member

When you open up the image to burn... the first screen says "write speed". It is a very obvious option menu. I can't imagine how you are missing it.

3. Atom_224

Atom_224 Member

i had the same trouble. I use dvd decrypter now. It is free and you can select 1x. However it seems to still burn at 2.4x. The big change for me was the brand of media. The TDK dvd-r (4x or 8x) work perfectly. The cheap generic media I got for 0.24 each skip or studder on the new v7 and up ps2s. But they work on the old v6 my friend has without any trouble. To save myself a headache I burn with tdk or memorex media (that I got at best buy for 0.40 each) and burn at 1x with dvd decryptor. The generics i use for movies. I have burned about 50 different discs and tried them on 5 different ps2 machines without any trouble. Hope this helps.

Atom

4. mrrad53

mrrad53 Member

I think the +r's can only be burnt at 2.4 slowest speed

5. viper900

viper900 Member

Will games work if you burn them at 4x? My imation DVD-Rs only support 4x....

6. Twisdit

Twisdit Member

No, it means it can be burned at speeds up to 4x. Depending on your burner, burn it at the lowest speed. Like my burner's lowest speed is 1.9x, so i'll burn at 1.9. It'll work, but it causes your ps2's lense to stress out and die on you.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2004
  7. viper900

viper900 Member

Well...

On the label it says '4x Compatible' and only that. Doesn't state any speeds lower than that :\

8. KabawL

KabawL Member

I have some white disc called Princo a friend got me at a computer show.

I will definetly try some other media such as TDK DVD-R.

I need to fix this problem, I went through about 15 disc because they lag/studder/freezeup!

What are you rambling about the laser dying out, be more specific Twisdit.

9. Twisdit

Twisdit Member

What speed are you burning at KabawL? burning at speeds of 4x and up, it'll greatly increases your risk of burning with errors. When you burn with errors the lense will read harder since its missing "data" which will shorten the life of the lense.

10. KabawL

KabawL Member

I use DVD DECRYPTER.

I set the write speed to 1x.

Once the writing starts, the log says...
    I set the speed to 1x.
    Its actually recording at 4x.

For some odd reason its changing. I dont know if its the media (PRINCO), the burner (SONY DUAL LAYER 16x), or my computer (DELL INSPIRON 5150 LAPTOP)!!!

Im getting to the point where Im wanting to take my burner back. But thats probably not the problem cause a friend at work has the same burner/media and his comes out fine.

ANYONE????

11. Atom_224

Atom_224 Member

your drive may be set to burn at 4x by default. You could try to find 2x media. Or try a different brand of 4x media. Do your games work in any other ps2? How about movies you have burned, do they play in that ps2?

just trying to figure out if the ps2 might be to blame.

Atom

12. KabawL

KabawL Member

Well, a friend of mine at work has the same burner/media. His works and burns fine. He didnt have to adjust anything.

Is there a way to change the default settings for my burner?

Anyone here have a External Sony Dual Layer 16x?

Any other suggestions? I'll probably buy some other media sometime this week.