1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

speedy software?

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by jhorror, Jul 18, 2007.

1. jhorror

jhorror Member

I've always used newsgroups for downloading, with great results. I am now venturing into the Torrent thing. The only software I have used so far is BitTorrent. I know nothing about download speeds when using Torrents, but BitTorrent seems really slow. The highest download speed I've reached so far is 8 kbps. I have Cable Intenet, with a download speed of apprx 7000 kbps.

Could someone suggest some alternative Torrent software to use, with possible higher speed?

Any tips would be very much appreciated.

jhorror-fan

2. stan789

stan789 Member

I Used To Have Bad Speeds Also With Torrents and for a while i didnt use torrents because of it...but i started using u torrent and i get speeds 420 Kb/s and sometimes above i have 5 meg cabe internet tho...anyway makesure the torrent your trying to download is seeded well also check ur firewall...just some tips i thought i woud pass along if u need more help or more explaning just post here ill check back also im sure other people will be on here also to help