1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spider 1.1 No Cromwell Bios

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by nebjiman, Feb 24, 2005.

1. nebjiman

nebjiman Member

I had a b1tch of a time installing the chip... solderless my as$. After two of the 5 legs fell out and the distructions left on spiderchip.com; I have the chip installed. Now it boots to the Xbox splash screen with no HD installed and then I get error 07. Plug in the stock HD and get the XBox splash screen with a microsoft below it, followed by the MS dashboard. Plug in a new 120 GB HD and I get splash screen and I get error 13.

It never shows me the spiderchip bios where I would have the option of reflashing bios.

Any suggestions to where I should go from here. I'm thinking next step might be ignoring the bios problems and installing a dashboard on the new HD.

thanks for your attention

2. nebjiman

nebjiman Member

XBox v1.6

3. mdsup

mdsup Guest

if you don't get the Flashbios screen to appear with your chip enabled, you don't have it installed correctly.

4. nebjiman

nebjiman Member

Are you sure? The spider website says if you get the splash animation with no drive plugged in you have installed the chip correctly. If I were to unplug one of the legs I get the FRAG bootup with no animation.

Does any one know if it's possible to receive a spiderchip with no bios installed?

5. mdsup

mdsup Guest

why the heck you starting your xbox without a hd? you gotta have the hd to run your xbox, so you might want to consider doing the testing with the hd in there.

that makes absolutely no sense that spider would say that the xbox should boot the normal dash with no hd in...where is the xbox gonna look to find the dash? yeah it might boot the animation, but that is it, and then you will get a error code.

spiderchip is a waste of money and a piece of junk.

6. tyche7

tyche7 Member

spiderchip is a waste of money and a piece of junk.
    ----------------------------------------------------

I second that opinion. And likewise, two of the five legs fell off for me while trying to install this piece of crap. I'm still trying to get mine to work as it SHOULD as well. I can get it to boot correctly when I literally HOLD the dang thing down with two fingers but otherwise NO luck. I'm currently looking for a cork AND an eraser that will fit to make this stupid thing stay exactly where it should be.

7. cheetoden

cheetoden Member

The same crap has just happened to me. I was wondering if you ever got it working correctly?

8. dough6988

dough6988 Guest

i got my to work but it's tell me i need a update bios where do i get that at

9. jwren

jwren Guest

I would like to know did you fianlly flash your spiderchip?