1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

spider chip 1.1 on 1.6 xbox, flashing red & green even when chip is removed

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by ghee22, Jan 14, 2005.

1. ghee22

ghee22 Member

so, i've accidentaly had the wires D & E touching when installing my spider and the flashing red & green (FRAG) came on. i removed the chip and it's still FRAG. Is there anyone that has another step i may perform? I've even tried using a new spider chip afterwards and regardles FRAG! Please help, I don't want to buy a new xbox!! Thank you for reading...

2. KjbAlto

KjbAlto Member

I had to try and make holes for the wires in my 1.6b on teh motherboard. Did you have to do that? Maybe not with the 1.6 I'm not sure. Anyway, as I was doing it I realized that it wasn't going to work because it was too hard to make little holes that the wires would stay in. I decided to take the spiderchip off and see if I ruined my xbox and sure enough I got the FRAG like you did. My xbox was brand spanking new and I am pissed right now. My friend has a 1.1 xbox and all he had to do was plug one wire in and it was fine.

3. ghee22

ghee22 Member

yea, now we have to go to walmart and replace the insides and get some walmart credit!