1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

spider chip / bios help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by johnny73, Dec 21, 2004.

1. johnny73

johnny73 Member

I recently installed a spider chip. I then flashed the chip with M8plus. This gave me the evox logo upon booting the xbox with the chip turned on. I am still unable to play movies, or backed up games. Is there something else I need to do? What exactly is evox, a bios or a dashboard? I no longer get the boot from disk option when starting up the machine. Do I need to connect the xbox to my computer to coninue, and if so, how?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2004
  2. robinowit

robinowit Guest

dude Im with you. The spider sux ass. When i flashed it all I got was the original ms dash and when turned the chip off ,no dash loads.

3. Rambler01

Rambler01 Member

I got the same thing.. Just a Logo Evox left hand corner no dashboard? except the MS dashboard. Can't do any comands as far as what the spiderchip is sopose to do. No what? Install a dashboard and if so what type? Evox?

4. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

If you've installed the chip, and flashed it with the M8 bios your almost there. You now need to install a dashboard like evox. Evox makes bios' and dashboards. I would recommend you get an auto-installer like slayers. You can get it via bittorrent, or IRC, here's a link to their home page. http://slayer.xbox-scene.com/. Another good installer is x-disk, their evox auto-installer is good though the apps are a little more dated. You can download the torrent here:
    http://www.x-disk.com/viewtopic.php?t=1117
    You will probably have to register to use their site, which is free before you can access their downloads,
    here: www.x-disk.com

5. Rambler01

Rambler01 Member

thanks, all is well and I got the dash installed Evox auto installer thanks bro.. Looks as if it's going to be a all nighter. What I used >>>>>>>> Spider chip with a 1.6 version xbox flashed with a EvolutionX m8bios. Then installed a EvolutionX dashboard 2.6<<<<<<< now just got to learn the upgrade to a bigger HD

6. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

Piece of cake man, just swap out the retail for a new one, boot from x-disk again, and it will format and install the apps you need. Get a hard drive that is lockable though, most of the new maxtors are. Also if you have the evox installer do a stealth install, so you can keep all third party apps on the F partition of your box.

7. johnny73

johnny73 Member

THANKS, got evox dash installed with no problem. Still cannot play backed up games. Movies play fine, and xbox is reading media. Getting message (This is an xbox game disk. Please put it in your xbox to start playing.) This message comes up in 6 different languages. I am have tried using Nero and DVD decryptor for burning and Nero disks won't read on xbox. Also, the dashboard is reading it as video. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

8. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

I am a little confused, how are you attempting to back up games? Be a little more elaborate. It may just be the brand of re-writable dvd media you are using. Check out this link to find out the brand of dvd-rom drive in your xbox, and then you can find out what is compatible with it. I know that the samsung drives work great with dvd-r media. Heres the link, scroll down for dvd identification.
    http://www.smartxx.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=2066&sid=613b4c50e537c817082c660f8077abc7

9. johnny73

johnny73 Member

My drive is philips. I am using verbatim dvd+r. I think I am doing something wrong in the burn process, very little data is going onto the dvd+r. My computer does not want to read dvd-r, it says no media present and will not allow me to burn to it.

I am beginning by using dvd decryptor to read the game/iso. I then write the image to a disk using the same program.

10. Rambler01

Rambler01 Member

jOHNNY TRY USING MEMOREX DVD-R NO +

11. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

12. johnny73

johnny73 Member

Thanks everyone. Finally up & running. In order to run flashxp, i had to have a disk in the xbox drive with the dashboard reading game (origional), left it like that and was able to connect.

13. johnny73

johnny73 Member

Thanks everyone. Finally up & running. In order to run flashxp, i had to have a disk in the xbox drive with the dashboard reading game (origional), left it like that and was able to connect.

14. johnny73

johnny73 Member

15. johnny73

johnny73 Member