1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spider Chip info needed !i!i!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Robwolf02, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Robwolf02

Robwolf02 Guest

I need to know if you can copy xbox games to the hard drive using the Retail bio/dashboard(cromwell) on the spider chip. Thanks to any helpful replys.

2. satanlimb

satanlimb Member

You need to install new bios, then a dashboard. I recommend Slayer's Auto-evox 1.6 final for a dashboard, and you need to find out what version of XBOX you have (go to http://xbox-scene.com/ to find out how). BIOS can be found at http://www.eurasia.nu/ ) and Slayer's can be found in "usual places"

3. Robwolf02

Robwolf02 Guest

I have a v1.4 xbx. But can you copy games from disk to HDD without BIO/dashboard. Just using the spider chip.

4. Jez_Gafys

Jez_Gafys Member

yes with a spider chip you can just ftp onto your xbox from your pc and backup xbox games (drive D)

5. Robwolf02

Robwolf02 Guest

ok so far you havent answered my ???? I want to know if i can using a retail Spider Chip v1.1 too copy XBX games to my XBX HardDrive

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2005
  6. Jez_Gafys

Jez_Gafys Member

Yes u have ftp access you you xbox and can transfer xbox games to your hd and vice versa

Last edited: Jan 26, 2005
  7. tyche7

tyche7 Member

This is very possible once you get the chip installed correctly. I recommend using an EVOX dashboard and loading the program dvd2xbox to backup your xbox games onto your hard drive and play them from there.