1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

spider solderless chips

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by kujix, Apr 3, 2005.

1. kujix

kujix Guest

need help , got a chip for my sons x-box v-5; spider solderless chip and it would only flash a xecuter flash but now i can't get it to do anything , need flash/bios info ,comes up no bios found or wrong flash bios , kujix

2. modster

modster Regular member

have you try to re-flash it with M8 or M8plus_16 bios? you can find this in #xbins.

3. kujix

kujix Guest

will go and try thanks

4. kujix

kujix Guest

to modster , no go , downloaded it put it on a cdrw , came up bios not found , still on the xecuter screen ' thanks for helping , kujix

5. modster

modster Regular member

well, have you try using evox dashboard? Can you ftp to your xbox? if so, then you need to ftp evox to xbox and use that dashboard.

I heard that xecuter bios can also work well on spider chip.

6. kujix

kujix Guest

sorry ftp ? , didn't know i needed a dashboard , do i download that , should i use new cdrws each time

7. modster

modster Regular member

well, after you flashed your bios, you need to replace the MS dashboard (dashboard that came with you xbox) using either evox or avalanche, your choice. I prefer evox, it's simple.

the original dashboard, microsoft dashboard, will not allow you to do much of anything. So you have to replace this dashboard.

but first, you must connect your xbox to a route and connect to it from your pc using flashfxp.

once you connect to your xbox, then you would rename the default.xbe on the c: drive to like default_bak.xbe (this is the MS dashboard).

then you would ftp the new evox or avalanche dashboard to c: and rename it to default.xbe and also the the ini file to so that you can later on config the dashboard.

using ftp wil quick and simple and you will not have to waste any cdrws.

hopes this helps

8. kujix

kujix Guest

your'e getting a bit beyond me , but thanks for trying he hasn't even got his x-box hooked up to the net yet .
    i still can't get beyond the main flash bios screen
    bios from disc , lock and unlock hdd , and all that .
    did the m-8 like u said came up unknown flash , , it's got the xecuter flash in there know , but if i turn the chip off it comes up , x-box needs a service .if u can give me something else to try would appreciate it , kujix

9. Toro0010

Toro0010 Member

I have a spiderchip 1.0B And used Excuter2 BIOS worked great Also using EVOX. So i say use Excuter 2 BIOS works for all XBOX versions.

10. kujix

kujix Guest

ok ,i have put the xecuter bios in but all i get on the screen is , the usual message load bios etc , unlock hdd and all that , but it won't do anything else if i try to put any other bios in comes up unknown flash , should i put a xecuter bios manager in or what , it's got me stuffed ,

11. kujix

kujix Guest

can i download the evox dashboard from somewhere ?

12. Toro0010

Toro0010 Member

Do you have an instant messanger? yahoo AIM MSN?

13. kujix

kujix Guest

no sorry , u can use my email address if u want ????

14. modster

modster Regular member

hmm, try this, download mirc program, then install in on your pc. next log on to the mirc and go to #xbins room. then follow the instructions on the screen to get the download link and login/password.

next, use flashfxp and ftp to the given ftp site from #xbins

once there, you should see a xbox folders, select the folder, then you will see a bios folder, go there. once in there, see if there is a spider folder, if there is go into it. maybe it has so program that will help you to fix your problems. if you don't see anything there, then just browse around to other folders. I think there is a utility program there that help you to reprogram bios. I saw it once, but forgot where it is. I haven't been to #xbins for awhile. but check out #xbins.

is it too late to return the spider chip?

i would recommend the Xecuter 3CE. this is a sweet chip and very easy to install. it took me an hour to install with bios flashing and evox. very simple. if you can, return or sell your spider chip and buy either xecuter 3CE.

15. kujix

kujix Guest

i bought the spider chip from the states so by the time it got back there ?, if i can't get it going might try a shop . thanks

16. modster

modster Regular member

if you take it to a shop, expect to spend $$$

just go online and order Xecuter 3CE for $59.00 + $7.95 (shipping within US) and spend 2 hours installing and adding flash bios and dashboard and you are done! very easy.

but most shop will charge an arm and leg to fix it. I could get the xbox running for you if you are local here.

17. kujix

kujix Guest

im from aussie , but by the look of the forums a lot of people have had trouble with the spider chip , but thanks anyway

18. ibble

ibble Member

i bought a xecuter 2.3b pro and it was pre flashed, when i load the xbox i see an evox icon in the top corner and then a purple X logo but after that it goes straight to the microsoft dashboard.

HOW DO I GET TO THE EVOX DASHBOARD !!

19. Toro0010

Toro0010 Member

ibble Send me a message! My yahoo SN is xxtoroxx0010@yahoo.com