1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spiderchip flashed, no booting - now what??

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by erkme73, Dec 7, 2004.

1. lgflynn

lgflynn Guest

Hi Folks, some good news! I loaded my spider chip on to a version 1.0 Xbox and re-flashed the chip with the M8plus_16 bios & re-installed the chip in to the 1.6 Xbox & it loaded successfully. So if you can get your hands on an older xbox that supports the bios that you flashed the chip with in the 1st place, you can then re-flash the chip. Thanks to every-one for the help. Lets hope a programmer is released soon

2. HatTrik24

HatTrik24 Regular member

Someone has to have the M8plus_16 bios!!

Can someone please let us know??

I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that it would be greatly appreciated if someone could hook us up with the M8plus_16 bios!

Triks

3. tommyl

tommyl Guest

download it off of kaaza or pm me your e-mail and ill send you a copy asap

4. tommyl

tommyl Guest

5. Knights

Knights Guest

[bold]Getting the m8_16 bios and others[/bold]

1. goto www.download.com
    2. search for KiwiAlpha
    3. download/install (not the exe from www.kiwialpha.com
    newer version doesnt work good)
    4. search for the bios you need - I found them all

Good Luck! I will be waiting for someone to reply with the version 1.1 xbox succesful bios upgrade attempt.

6. lgflynn

lgflynn Guest

7. erkme73

erkme73 Member

I sent $20 to Tommy on Thursday December 9th. I figured for $20, it's worth the risk of sending money to a stranger in exchange for a promise of a pre-flashed Spiderchip.

I was grateful of Tommy's trust to send the chip that day, even before receiving my money. He sent it via USPS. It is now the 19th, and I have not yet received the chip. His location is in PA, and I'm in FL, so I dont' want to jump to any conclusions - yet. I will gladly post that I have received the chip as I do. Until then, those of you considering his offer may want to wait to hear if he has delivered as promised.

Again, I do not want to cast doubt at this point. I simply want to offer those who may be "on the fence" a first hand experience of working with Tommy.

Hopefully in the next day or two I'll be able to report that I have a working system. Until then...

Last edited: Dec 19, 2004
  8. erkme73

erkme73 Member

I am proactively posting of my intent to reveal TommyL's personal contact information (RoadRunner email address, cell phone, mailing address, and full name) tomorrow at noon (EST) if he does not provide the DHL tracking number for the chip he supposedly shipped to me 2 days ago (with Next Day Air service).

Has anyone else sent Tommy money?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2004
  9. tommyl

tommyl Guest

please eric after that bad check that you sent me i mean why couldnt you just send a good check and that would not have happened after i called you at least 10 times and e-mailed you numerous times you did not return my calls untill you claimed the chips did come and i warnes you that if you did not refund my money i would post your personal information so here it is

eric cambell
    eric@dilo.com
    1-727-858-2476

i am hoping that this is preventing any one else who is sending him anything to wait until they recieve payment to send merchandise thank you all for reading this

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2004
  10. erkme73

erkme73 Member

Well, I guess that resolves any doubt about his true motives. I sent cash. Tommy, I was holding out hope that that you really had shipped the package, but now that your posting lies like this, I'm almost relieved to know that I figured out your true colors. Since you have posted my information, I welcome anyone to contact me. I'll be happy to forward them your email correspondence. By the way Tommy, why don't you scan and post a copy of the "bad check"? I'd love to see a copy!

----------------
    Over the last two weeks, I have corresponded with Mr. Leretsis via phone and email at least 10 times. When the chip hadn’t arrived after a reasonable amount of time, Mr. Leretsis claimed he’d DHL a replacement chip with “NEXT DAY AIR” service. When asked for the tracking number (two days after it hadn’t shown up), Mr. Leretsis claimed DHL would contact me via email with the tracking number.

For the last two days I have warned Mr. Leretsis that I would post his personal contact information if I did not receive a DHL tracking number by 12pm EST on December 23. He responded by asking that I not publish his private information – and that he would refund my money (which he supposedly never received either). I do not have the time or patience to wait another two week only to find out my money has not been refunded.

Since I have not received a tracking number by the deadline, I can only conclude that the shipment never actually took place, and that his posts marketing his $20 chips are a ploy to defraud newbies (myself included) into sending him money. As I’d originally stated, I was willing to take a risk of sending $20 to a complete stranger – figuring if I was duped, I could afford to look the other way. I’m sure this is precisely what Mr. Leretsis is banking on. Well, out of principle, my payment of $20 entitles me to reveal his ploy to any and all unsuspecting potential victims.

Mr. Leretsis, should I receive a tracking number, and a working product as your previous posts claim, I will gladly delete this post. Until then, your privacy is no more.

Thomas Leretsis
    321 east 24th street
    Erie,pa 16503

Email: buddy2438@ma.rr.com
    Cell phone: 814-504-0799

Out of fairness, if anyone would like an unaltered copy of the email correspondence between myself and Mr. Leretsis, please post here, and I’ll be happy to provide it.

11. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

The whole thing did sound like a scam. You know what they say "if its too good to be true then it probably is". I mean getting a spider chip for $20 which one websites it costs $35-40. Along with the $20 there would be next day shipping right. Well next day air shipping itself cost from $8-15. I dont see how a profit can even be made when half of the $20 is going to shipping, therefore meaning that the spider chip itself would only cost around $10. It doesn't make any sense?

12. sticky240

sticky240 Member

tsk tsk...scammer tommy...bad boy.

yea, scan that bad check.

I bet that fool's not going to post here anymore...$20 per preflashed (with evox bios) any chip sounded very cheap and fishy from the start...

sorry to hear that, eric

Last edited: Dec 23, 2004
  13. tommyl

tommyl Guest

im sorry that you guys think that way but the reason these chips are so cheap is because they were sent to a company who is no longer in business and they were given to me so whats it mateer if i make 5 or 500 bucks it a profit either way it goes so if you guys think that when the other members recieve their chips i will expect an apologie from each and every one of you

14. tommyl

tommyl Guest

15. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

I will apoligize as soon as Eric posts that he has recieved a functioning spider chip.

16. sticky240

sticky240 Member

i agree. Either Eric receives the working chip or scan the bad check.

17. lgflynn

lgflynn Guest

Sounds Fair!

18. snperwolf

snperwolf Member

i wouldent scan in a check, it cotains information that you could get sued for if publicly presented. plus there is no way of proving its a bad check if it is scanned in. plus (just a word to the wise) if you order something from a stranger send a money order and keep any proof of the transaction. like emails back and forth, and the recipt that comes with a money order. you cant proove you sent cash. sending cash only proves one thing, you are stupid. i have recently ordered a chip from tommy and it is going smoothly, my modchip is going to arrive this thursday or friday. and if he doesent send it i have proof i paid him and i can get my money back. SENDING CASH IS STUPID. there. im done

19. erkme73

erkme73 Member

wolf... I'm asking him to scan and post my check... I know he can't, because he doesn't have it. As for your the money order - it is the same as cash. While you may get a receipt that you bought a money order, you have no proof that the person at the other end received or cashed it. Alas, if you do receive your chip please post it here. I've received several more emails from Tommy since my post, and he again is promising to send a new chip next week. I've already ordered another chip from a divineo (sp?), so I'll have one either way. Good luck to all. I will post if a) I receive a chip, b) I receive my money back, or c) don't have something in the next two weeks. Enjoy the rest of your holidays...

20. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

You ordered from divineo? I also ordered from divineo on the 15. I still havent recieved my chip. That site has the slowest service i have ever seen.