1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spiderchip, lets All get this right.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by dann5, Feb 9, 2005.

1. dann5

dann5 Member

Ok, i too have a spiderchip and it seems many people are having troubles with it...
    so i'm hoping someone can come up with a list of xbox versions combined with which version spiderchip with which bios would work. i really hope this would put an end to bad flashes and repeated threads with the same questions. and yes, i too have a bad flash :( anyone willing to help me out here? ty

2. s0ul

s0ul Member

well i think most people are getting ahead of them selves, if they would do some reading and research before they post stupid questions, they would be fine, as spiderchips.com states for the installation problem:
    --------------------------------------------------

18/01/2005:

As previously announced the SpiderChip v1.1 met a installation problem.
    All pogo pins do not touch correctly the motherboard of the Xbox, causing the chip inability to boot.
    The screw and the ring delivered with the chip are the main cause of this problem.
    They are not of the proper size and therefore do not allow a good alignment of the pogo pins.

The pogo pin 'GND' (please refer to the picture), linked to the problem of the screw,
    prevents some other pogo pins to fit in correctly.
    This Pin is a 'security' pogo pin. In fact, it is not used for this
    Xbox version and it only is here to ensure the compatibility with future versions of Xbox.

One easy and efficient way to install the SpiderChip with perfect result is to remove
    the bottom of the GND pogo pin (please refer to the picture for more details).
    Once this is done, we suggest you to use a 9mm long screw in conjunction with a 2mm thick ring.
    The installation will be flawless!
    --------------------------------------------------

and for flashing the bios, do a liitle research, remember, google is your best friend, u can find many post's of people stating which bioses work and ones that dont. personally ive installed about 8 spiderchips with the "m8plus" bios, on 1.0 to 1.6 boards (using the 16 version m8plus bios for the 1.6 of course) and ive never had a problem.

Besides, spider is coming out with they're programmer. Soon i hope. one can reprogram their chip(s) with ease.

Not targeting this at you but many forums i always see the same questions.

3. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

soul yupppers
    youve hit on a good point too
    I love helping people, but when they just cant be assed to read whats already there, it does get frustrating!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2005
  4. mdsup

mdsup Guest

no kidding man...i let a few folks have it tonight...they ask the same questions over and over...when all they have to do is type a few words into google...not to mention they create a thread in each flippin forum, or 3 different threads in one night.

5. dreday

dreday Member

which pin is the GND pogo pin? what picture are you talking about. what site is the picture on. i have xbox 1.0 with the spider chip 1.1. i got the bootup bios screen a couple of times but its not working now. might go get a new xbox 1.6. i used the E wire only.

6. kyled479

kyled479 Member

i have a xbox 1.0 w/spiderv1.1 and i havn't gotten the boot screen yet. does the ground pin apply to v1.0 or only 1.6 xbox