1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SpiderChip Problems

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by njexit98, Dec 1, 2004.

1. njexit98

njexit98 Guest

Ok. So Im new to this whole modding thing but Im not a complete moron. So heres My issue. Its a pretty simple install being solderless and all the only problem is the Via(holes) are closed. Three out of five. Anyone know what sorta tool i could use to open them up or something. Im Lost here. thanks in advance guys.

paul

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2004
  2. njexit98

njexit98 Guest

Oh I Forgot I also have a 1.6 Xbox

3. SSJAzrael

SSJAzrael Member

I've got the exact same problem... 3 of the via's are closed. If you figure anything out I would appreciate if you could let me know... and if I figure anything out I'll let ya know

4. 20001

20001 Member

Take a sewing machine needle and place the point in the hole. Now tap the square top lightly. Judge from your progress how hard you need to tap.

5. Knights

Knights Guest

I ran into the same prob, my soultion was to use double sided sticky tape. Works perfect! I used the automobile
    kind, like on the base of antenna.

6. Knights

Knights Guest

I ran into the same prob, my soultion was to use double sided sticky tape. Works perfect! I used the automobile
    kind, like on the base of a cell phone antenna.

7. SSJAzrael

SSJAzrael Member

so did you just put the tape on the mobo over the via's and just push the wires into the tape?

8. Knights

Knights Guest

Sorry I got the prob wrong. I was talking about the LPC port not getting a good connection. I am a newbie to modding and thightend the screw a little to much, which stripped the hole, leaving the SpiderChip raised. I resolved this by using the double sided sticky tape to mount to the LPC port.

The via holes should be tappped with a sewing needle. Be gentle and start out softly.