1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spiderman 2 - Stops near the end of the movie

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by search66, Dec 1, 2004.

1. search66

search66 Member

Hey all! I've been succesfully burning DVD's for about 2-months now, and have had zero problems (except for RoTJ).

I tried to back-up my Spiderman 2 widescreen yesterday and today, and am having serious problems. At chapter 46, it will all but stop. Maybe ever minute or so, it will skip a frame. The whole movie works great; except when you get to that...

I'm using DVD Shrink (I tried a few different settings)and Nero to burn. I tried using: Ridata 4x +R, TDK 8x -R and Memorex 4x -R.... They all have the same result.

Has anyone succesfully backed up Spidey 2 yet?? If so, how?

2. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

Do you have a PC software DVD player? I'd try decrypting the movie to the hard drive first, and then open the last .VOB (or just play it normally) and play the last few minutes. If it's fine, then you know it's your media or burner, so either you can burn it slower or try another brand.

3. bigfoot30

bigfoot30 Member

Also try manually resetting the size you want to copy to on Shrink. I keep mine at 4.3gig. Click View, Prefences. You should see a drop down the says DVD5/DVD9/Custom. Click custom and set it at about 4300mb. Sometimes the dye isn't spread evenly on the disk and causes problems at then end/beginning of the disk.

4. search66

search66 Member

Thanks for the help guys. Actually, I just gave it a shot again and did nothing real special; and it worked fine...

Very weird. Good points though!

Thanks again, sorry to clog a thread.