1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spiderman 2?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rogha189, Dec 7, 2004.

1. rogha189

rogha189 Member

Anyone here have any trouble reading Spiderman 2 with their DVD+-RW. I have a NU DDW-082, though my Emerson DVD player has no trouble reading it, my DVD drive in my computer wont even register it. Any suggestions?

Edit: Forgot to mention that it will read the second disc (special features, etc) but wont read disc 1.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2004
  2. Scarfone

Scarfone Member

I attempted to rip S2 as an ISO with Shrink and got a read error about 20% through. I'm trying to use decrypter right now, at 18%. I usally reauthor and just put the movie file on a disk to save quality. I will let you know what happens.

3. Scarfone

Scarfone Member

Update. Decrypter failed at 53% for S2. I received an error message that states "Interpretation: Check Condition" & "Unrecovered Read Error". Any suggestions or reasons for this?? Anyone??

4. rogha189

rogha189 Member

well as it turned out, my burner didnt like the disc i suppose. I took it to a friends house and the decryption (DVD Decryptor) went fine, but when using DVD Shrink to compress and burn it, the burn was unsuccessful. We then used the ISO provided by DVD Shrink and burned it using Nero 6 and it worked fine.

5. klinger

klinger Regular member

Made two copies using DVD Shrink, movie only with Ritek media 8x, no problem

6. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey rogha189, no problemo on this backup. Good ole dvd shrink and nero 6.1.Wide screne,Region 1,Main movie only and 4x burn.Hasn't failed me yet.Later

7. bklyn1028

bklyn1028 Regular member

used decryptor, then shrink, verbatim +R..no problem at all

8. slmh1296

slmh1296 Guest

just did it last night with dvd shrink and nero try using a older version of shrink like 3.05 i keep it around because sometimes you will find you need it

9. Scarfone

Scarfone Member

Well I have tried everything everyone has said and still can't get this disk to back up. Maybe it's the DVD that causing the problem. I watched the whole movie on my stand alone but can't seem to get it to work with shrink and or decryitor.

10. ghostluv

ghostluv Member

Hey Saugmon,

when you did your backup with (Good ole DVD Shrink and Nero 6.1.Wide screne,Region 1,Main movie only and 4x burn), that was done without a menu screen right? And how about if i do that with every DVD-9 movies i have do you think it's better than not to have a backup at all?

C ya
    Ghost...

11. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

If you want quality almost perfect back ups I would recommend you always take out all the extra junk and just copy the main movie w/AC3 5.1ch sound. You will have much less problems playing your DVD in any players also. This is just a recommendation, but some people just have to have all the exra's for some reason? You could put your extras on a seperate disk I have heard some people here say they do that, but I never watch any of the extra stuff anyway so I just burn the main movie. (Less compression = Better quality) :)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

WinXP SP2
    AMD Athlon XP 2400+ (2.01GHz)
    1GB DDR 3200
    ATI All In Wonder 9600
    Burners Nec 2500A / Pioneer DVR 105

12. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

hello ghostluv, I never mess around with the extra crap. I usually do as bbmayo stated,dragged main movie only,AC 3 5.1 sound.The only time I do a whole movie,menu,and bonus crap is when it is smaller than 4.3 gigs and no shrinkage required.I just don't have any time to watch the bonus stuff and the extra cd that came with spiderman 2.later

13. klinger

klinger Regular member

Great point saugmon!! Keep the s-it simple>