1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spiderman 3 PS2 Backup won't load past copyright screen

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by hedgerock, May 13, 2007.

1. hedgerock

hedgerock Member

Anybody able to get Spiderman 3 for the PS2 to load past the initial copyright screen? It seems the backup boots up fine, but will not get past that screen. I have tried both Swap Magic and USB Extreme. I have never had a problem burning a DVD game up until now. Any ideas?

2. schweet

schweet Guest

What media are you using?

Are you using an ISO that was made from an original copy of the game or and ISO you downloaded?

I downloaded my version and it works fine.

3. hedgerock

hedgerock Member

I am using a download. It is just weird that it seems to boot fine but doesn't get past that first splash screen so I thought it might be a known issue. Sounds like it might just be a bad download.

4. bandit778

bandit778 Member

I tried a straight copy. I bought it but have a kid and didn't want the original to get messed up. Decrypter works fine for this most of the time but this time it wouldn't. Kept saying wrong format. It was in MDS form which is what it's supposed to be when using that program to copy and burn. Still haven't made any progress either.

5. scab53

scab53 Guest

thats what u said in the last post

6. scab53

scab53 Guest

i mean thread

7. bandit778

bandit778 Member

Yeah I accidently posted it here. I meant for it to go in my thread but for some reason I posted it here.

8. AyaOB

AyaOB Guest

I've backed up my original copy of this game with Alcohol 120% and so far it has worked perfectly fine so my suggestion would be to try that. There is a guide somewhere on these forums on how to back up games with Alcohol 120%.

9. MaReKoKa

MaReKoKa Member

Hmmm, I didn't have a problem with backing it up with Decrypter. I tried it on my sons old ps2 and it work as well as on my slim ps2.

10. Valedion

Valedion Regular member

well try the rebuild iso method and try if it doent work just rent the game and burn it and give the game back